Monday, January 1, 2024

Actually, Really Buttoned Up

It's a new year, but I have some old business to discuss for the very last time. Really. I'm sure. 

(Well, I might bring it up again, but only to reference the project. Because... It. Is. Done. Officially. Really. I mean it this time.)

I, of course, mean that body pillow cover. The last time I mentioned it, I said I wasn't going to touch it again until January as I had other projects to complete. 

I got the dragon afghan finished and shipped out. It arrived in time for Christmas. And then I was down with a cold, so I wasn't feeling like doing anything. But I was better by Wednesday (well, Tuesday evening), and then suddenly my fingers got that itch. I was ready to do something. But what?

And that's when I looked at the body pillow cover. I realized that I started it in January (or at least, I started planning it in January). And I thought, I could totally keep the project entirely in 2023. If I finished it up immediately.

So, that's what I did.

I had used some vintage buttons I had on hand to close the cover up.

But, unfortunately, they didn't do the job all that well. So, I figured I might as well use the big buttons I had bought specifically for this project. 

I decided to double the buttons, and as they were bigger, I'd need to make buttonholes. So, I did a single crochet edging with holes for the buttons, and then I finished that off with another row of crab stitch. I am rather pleased with the results.

No gaps. Yay!

I am pleased. This is what I wanted all along. And now it's done.

Completely.

And now I have to figure out what I'm going to make next. Sigh.

The pillow cover's progress in blog posts:

19 comments:

  1. Sometimes I just have to have a talk with myself and say, "time to finish this project"! Sometimes that works, and sometimes it don't!! lol Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was first a matter of timing. I had other things I had to finish first. Then it was feeling well enough to make the attempt.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Done for the start of a new project for the new year. While you wouldn't see the gaps, it does look better with none.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. Now it doesn't feel like it's about to fall apart.

      Delete
  3. You solved the problem, and it looks good. It's January 1, so you can always try a year long project - a temperature something or other. Doesn't have to be a blanket. Or even record a full year, if you don't want 366 rows of something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I'm not looking for anything long and complicated right now. If something like that came along, I'd be okay with it, but I'm not looking for it.

      Delete
  4. It definitely looks much better with the new row of buttons. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thecontemplativecat here. Your work is always stunning. The buttons add a whole new texture and elements. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks lovely. I hate it when projects drag on but you must be happy with the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like having projects to get back to even if that means they drag on for a while. Because, alas, I am between projects now.

      Delete
  7. It looks really good. Congratulations on getting it finished in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s Birgit…this looks great. So professional looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love it! It's so professional looking. Like I've seen similar things in stores. (Not Walmart) Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.