Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Cue the Production Number

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder. 

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news. 

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉

I was proceeding through another streaming show when in the next episode in the very first scene the characters burst into song. I rolled my eyes. Another musical episode...

It seems that lately every show is doing that one musical episode. Some are well done. Some, not so much. But as I was suffering through the one I'm mentioning, I got an idea for a "what if?". 

What if you ended up having a "musical episode" day? (Assume it comes out of nowhere, although there may be a logical reason it happens--some musical episodes have underlying reasons that make sense in the show's universe.)

8 comments:

  1. I'd stay indoors and hide! I've noticed a few shows (although I don't watch many, and none regularly) have a song for no reason, which didn't happen in the older seasons. I'm thinking the now and again new The Simpsons my son might put on to see how bad it's gotten. Oh, so bad. And singing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star Trek Capt. Pike did an episode and it was odd but I liked it. If I started to sing, all the cats and dogs would come to me and start howling. Someone would get a gun for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I better be in a heavy metal musical then...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your what if could work in a fantasy story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think, if our life suddenly became a musical, my husband would run away from home. So - no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every so often something happens around me that gets me bursting in song, sometimes made up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be scary in some situations—imagine you're in the midst of surgery and your doctor breaks into song and dance!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.