I'm not sure when this was, but I do remember it was a middle school math class, and they were doing review. For the state testing if memory serves. The teacher had them all get into teams, and those teams were in a sort of competition.
The teacher had each team name themselves.
I was going to blog about this at the time, but something more interesting must have happened to push this list from the blog (I don't recall what). But it's the middle of summer, and I found the list.
So, here is a list of some of the team names that these middle schoolers came up with...
- The Lakers
- This is L.A. County. Even in an off year, the Lakers are still popular.
- Your guess is as good as mine.
- A play on the name of one of the students in the group.
- Even after leaving L.A., the locals still like the team. Because, we no longer have football in L.A.
- They changed their name during the period. In fact, I think they did more discussing of what to name themselves than actual math review.
- Um, uh...
- I get the feeling they were hungry.
- Another team that spent more time debating names than reviewing math. I guess the first name they came up with was vetoed by the teacher.
If you have any theories as to the other names, feel free to leave them in the comments. (Because some of them make no sense to me.)