Monday, October 7, 2024

Cross-Eyed

Lisa was right. (See her comment on this post.) 

A couple weeks ago (on that post I linked to), I complained that I could not figure out what stitch was used on the example photo:

Lisa suggested trying an X stitch. So I did:

And now that I've done it, it looks pretty much like what that stripe looks like in the example. If it's not the same stitch used, it's close enough for what I'm doing. I'm keeping it.

Alas, that's as far as I got last week. And only on that one sleeve:

Good enough. 

We'll see how far I get on this thing this week. (Oh, and make sure to stop by tomorrow for my 4000th post. I'm kind of stunned that I've written that many blog posts. Yikes.)

Eye sweater previous posts:

16 comments:

  1. I should have guessed it was called an X stitch! It might not be what the photo shows, but I think it makes a perfect ending. 4,000 posts? That is amazing. I currently have under 1,000, but there were dozens I removed for one reason or another. Still, no where near 4,000. You began blogging years before I did though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you compare, the X stitch looks very similar to what was in the photo. If not the same stitch, then close enough. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. 4,000, egads! That's a wonderful diary to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Early congratulations on 4000 posts. That's not easy to obtain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you do have posts going back to 2007, and you tend to post five days a week. Four thousand does make sense. We've been doing this a long time, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4000 is a lot of posts. Congrats! And I think I can see the X stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is looking so good. I can't wait to see it finished. 4,000!? Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.