Monday, June 3, 2024

Second Sight

I did not make much progress on the eye sweater this week. I came down with a cold. Plus, I had a migraine for a couple days, too. Resting was more of a priority.

I did manage a little something, though. A second eye.

Why? The sweater has a front and a back...

Considering all the trouble I had with the first eye, and knowing that I'd have to do it a second time, I decided it would make sense to do both at roughly the same time. Since I'm changing colors throughout, I didn't have to have a second skein of any of the yarn. 

And, actually, I can do both front and back roughly concurrently, so they should both look similar. I don't know if that'll make things go faster, but it'll feel like it went faster. (Some knitters will knit two socks or two mittens as the same time for similar reasons.) 

Hopefully I'll make more progress this week. Ideally this cold will be gone. And it's the last week of school. I only have one day scheduled, so I might not have all that much work to do, which means more time for crochet. 

But saying such things has a way of making them not happen, so we'll see how things go.

Eye sweater previous posts:

22 comments:

  1. Now there's two eyes staring at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I SEE you now have eyes! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic eyes! -love the iris color. I hope you are feeling better, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To my eyes, they look different but it could be the camera angle. I hope you feel better soon and don't worry about my comment. I'm sure they both are fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One's for the front and one's for the back, so if they aren't exactly the same, no worries.

      Delete
  5. Hi Liz - they stand out that's for sure ... take care - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I have a necklace with a real fake eyeball.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how you do those patterns but I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really not that hard. And I'm familiar with the sequence, so it makes a sort of sense.

      Delete
  8. Really cool eyes. Can’t wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great when things come along easily. Despite your cold, you're making good progress. These eyes are terrific. Enjoy vacation time soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are cool eyes. I hope you're feeling better and getting the rest you need.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is looking really good. She will love it when it's done

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're feeling better. Your project is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.