Monday, August 5, 2024

Watching More Progress

Now it looks like a sweater:

(So, I got a new computer not quite a month ago, and instead of using the image editing software I've been using for more than a decade, I'm using what was on the new computer. It'll be better, once I get the hang of it.)

As you can see, I'm working both sleeves at the same time, just like I worked the front and the back at the same time. This way, I can't screw up by forgetting what I did for the first by the time I reach the second.

I confirmed with Liv that it's long enough. So, I can sew down those side seams (which I didn't as I wasn't sure if I was going to add length). Now it's just a matter of getting the sleeves to be 18 inches long. 

It's something to do while watching the Olympics.

(I'm regretting the theme I adopted for the titles to these posts. I mean, it was obvious when I started, but I'm running out of seeing-themed words. As I type this, the post is untitled. Whatever will I title this post?)

Late edit: Guess who tested positive for Covid? My posts for this week are already all written and scheduled. I'll be around, but not as quickly as usual. (I feel like I have a cold--another cold this summer. Ugh.)

Eye sweater previous posts:

19 comments:

  1. It looks great! Even with short sleeves it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz - there's a lot of Covid around ... take care. Love the Eye top ... fun - I bet Liv will love it. Yes - it'll keep you occupied watching the Olympics ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks funky cool.
    Sorry you're sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. (To quote Monty Python: I'm getting better...)

      Delete
  4. It does! But the sweater's still watching me.

    Feel better. I'm glad you're vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This project is coming together. Feel better soon! I think Covid is settling into a winter & summer pattern. Lots of Olympics to watch. I like that there is lots of live coverage during the day, although I'm not watching much of what I am recording.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been watching yesterday's prime time coverage in the evening. (Couldn't watch during the day today as we had an internet hiccup.)

      Delete
  6. Oh no! Feel better!!! :-)
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm actually not feeling too horrible today. (Read: I barely feel it.)

      Delete
  7. Now this has become a serial interest for me too 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'll continue to post updates until I finish it. If I skip a week, that only means I made no progress.

      Delete
  8. Oh yuk Covid, I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get it bad. One day of misery. Now I just feel like I have a mild cold. (Very mild.)

      Delete
  9. It's always a challenge adapting to new software, but it sounds like you're making progress!
    Hope you are enjoying the Olympics. I am fully glued to the TV almost all the time :-) One reason why my posts are getting delayed!
    Hope your infection is not too bad. Here cough-cold-fever is common. But I doubt if anyone is testing of Covid because I haven't heard of any cases here!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fun with short sleeves too, their beginning is very pretty, love the yarn unsimilarity!
    Not fun to be ill... Take care

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.