Monday, July 22, 2024

How to Crochet a Mobius Scarf

In my summer of getting random projects done, I actually got myself a new computer. I ordered it a week ago, and it arrived on Wednesday. This is the first blog post I've written using it. (It's a Lenovo, and I know nothing much more than that other than it has a touch screen and a working keyboard.)

And I also finished reviewing that mobius scarf video that I made over a year ago, but have been talking about since I made a pink one two years ago and mentioned that the video was in progress in April

And now, if I want to keep my YouTube channel active, I need to figure out what to make on camera next. (I have one video being edited, but nothing coming after that.) I've been toying with the idea of doing the Christmas ornaments, but otherwise I'm out of ideas. Any thoughts?

Anyway, here's the video:

It's about 33 minutes long, so I don't expect views from any except crocheters. I hope you like it.

20 comments:

  1. Great video, it's fun to watch you crocheting. Love the Moebius pattern. Enjoy your new computer too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New computers are so nice! It took me a bit to get used to a laptop after years of a desktop. I still use a mouse with it though. I think the Christmas bulb strands are adorable, and would make a good video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a mouse, too. I hate the trackpad with a fiery passion. (Some kiddos actually carry a mouse to use with the computers at school, a practice I fully endorse.) Alas, with the videos I should do stuff I've designed (copyright issues).

      Delete
  3. I didn't have the patience to go through the video. Sorry. Woolens have no place in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can totally skip my Monday posts as they are always yarn-related.

      Delete
  4. Yay! How do you like the touch screen function? My laptop also has that feature. I use it intermittently. It's nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have played with it some at school as some of those computers are able to, and that's why I knew I needed a touch screen. I'm not using it as often as I thought I would, but it's still new to me.

      Delete
  5. I hope you like your new computer. I think you should do a video on the cute Christmas ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a really pretty scarf and I love the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It been sometime since I done any crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful work and the color is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you for getting a computer. I love the scarf and the colour. Love the lights a.d you could make balls in different colours and have gold and silver in the yarn for these ornaments. I received earrings from my friend with a colorful bead in the centre and crocheted white design around it. It's so pretty

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.