Wednesday, July 10, 2024

SkyMed

When I first subscribed to Paramount Plus (mostly for The Good Fight, but also a bit for Star Trek: Discovery), I ran into SkyMed. (Okay, maybe not right when I first subscribed.) And then the second season dropped a few months ago, so it's back on my mind. I might as well tell you about it.

It's a medical drama. It's also a rescue show. But instead of ambulances, these nurses use airplanes. They have to as they are in the north of Canada, and they service the remote villages which are mostly accessed via the air.

Between the rescues, the show is about the nurses who man the planes. And the pilots who fly the planes. And they're all young and ridiculously attractive, so they're all hooking up and young drama and such. It's fun, though, really. 

If you like rescue shows, definitely check this out. Here's the trailer:

Since the show is Canadian, I assume it was just a regular show in Canada. If any of you can confirm this, I'd appreciate it. South of the Canadian border, it's streaming. 

Has anyone seen this show? Any good recommendations for me?

12 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun show. Like a guilty pleasure sort of thing! Ever see the real firefighter who has a YouTube (? somewhere like that!) who greenscreens himself into these sorts of shows and "corrects" things? He's rather funny. SO many details of rescues are SO incorrect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't surprise me. TV does so many things for the good of the story that I'm sure they miss important facts.

      Delete
  2. I haven't even heard of it and the video is unavailable to me...I'm Canadian!...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird. I wonder what channel it's on for you. I expect you'd be able to find it streaming via them. (That's the only reason I can figure they'd block the video for you--they want you accessing it from where it originated.)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE medical drama shows and this one looks so good, I have paramount+ so I'm going to have to check it out!

    Ash @ Essentially Ash
    Want to follow me on Bookstagram, booktok, add my snapchat or check out my photography?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another series I won't be able to watch, although your summary sounds interesting. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully endorse subscribing for one month, watching all the good stuff, and then unsubscribing. Seriously, the Star Trek series alone are worth one month of a subscription. (Discovery, Brave New Worlds, Lower Decks...)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is. (And the winter episodes would be most appreciated while it's so hot outside ;)

      Delete
  6. The amount of viewing content is incredible. I remember fewer than twenty years ago how coworkers talked about shows seen the night before. It's a rarity these days. lol Thanks for sharing this. Be well!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.