Monday, July 15, 2024

Assembling

The last time I talked about the crocheted strand of Christmas string lights, I said I was calling it. And since then, I finished the last yellow bulbs and I knit a very long I-cord with the remainder of the dark green yarn.

On Saturday I ran out of the dark green yarn. And then I began attaching the lights...

I basted them down just to make sure placement was okay before making the stitching more permanent. (That's why all that string is hanging off the piece.) I only got three bulbs fully stitched down before I called it for the evening.

So, this should be done rather soon, now. It's just a matter of finishing up sewing the bulbs to the cord.

This is an excellent take along project. If only someone wanted me to make them one, I would start another strand. 

The string lights thus far:

29 comments:

  1. This is so cute, nostalgic in a way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I liked about it. I knew I had to make one.

      Delete
  2. I love those Christmas lights. I wish I had money for a strand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of your coolest projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, is your last name Basque? Just curious, we have a large Basque community here in Idaho. :)

      Delete
  4. I've made no progress (none) on my temperature afghan since the last update and I really would like to make this project -one day. Maybe. It really would make a great take along project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I have pretty much done all of it outside my home. (I'm working on the eye sweater at home, this when I'm not.)

      Delete
  5. Good work. You're good at this sort of things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gradient effect! Cute and fun project. It's an item you could totally sell on your Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are soooooooo cool! Now I want to try some. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern link is on one of the early posts (the first or second). It was free. Worth it.

      Delete
  8. These are perfect for Christmas or hanging off of a trailer canopy. My in laws would have knitted lights but also mini houses, cats, dogs, you name it and they would switch them out every other day for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liz - they've turned out so well ... congratulations - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz! Thank you so much for posting all these wonderful progress pics and blogs of your work! I found the links on the Ravelry blog posts page. I love seeing my pattern out in the wild, making people smile. What a nice surprise to have you write about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put out a few patterns of my own, and it is so fun to see how people adapt and play with the patterns. I'm glad you've enjoyed my posts.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.