Monday, May 13, 2024

Crochet the Rainbow

I think I have a plan.

And if I talk about the plan, it's sure to change. But here goes... I'm going to make two "lights" for every color of the rainbow (plus pink). Then I'll make a "string" long enough for all of them to fit. 

After that, I can decide if I want to make another.

So far...

I have two pink, multiple red, two orange, two yellow, one blue, and one violet. I still haven't made a green, but I have located green yarn. And maybe I should do a darker purple, too? 

So, that's four, maybe six, more bulbs to make. Am I missing any colors? (Besides green and a darker purple.)

As it's time to make these string lights posts a series, I am once again including a link to the pattern, and following are links to the previous posts:

17 comments:

  1. They are so cute! How about white? I can't tell by the photo, but is the yellow a true yellow? A bright purple would look nice. I know you used leftover yarn, so you have what you have! I guess I'm picturing the bright primary colors like the light strands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brownish yellow. I likely have white someplace. I can definitely do that.

      Delete
  2. thecontemplativecat here Those are great. I bought a Christmas white ornament from you one year. It still goes on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have some more of those. I should remember to put them back in my Etsy shop this year.

      Delete
  3. I do love those. I think they might be better than actual Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say yellow and white, but Lisa beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is already a yellow there. I don't think I have a lighter yellow anywhere.

      Delete
  5. This is Birgit…this looks good. I’d add a lighter blue and a light yellow…just thinking of what’s on my strands of Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it will look really cool when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great plan! Maybe adding neutrals (white, light or dark grey, even black), and kind of blue-green (teal, turquoise, aqua)? It's going to be a fun and manageable project.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.