Tuesday, May 28, 2024

The Long Weekend

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder. 

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news. 

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉

For this past weekend, my school district was kind enough to give us the Friday off as well as the Monday. Which got me thinking...

What if every other weekend was a four-day weekend? (I'll let you imagine how that might work.)

9 comments:

  1. Interesting idea; but in the classroom I think it probably wouldn't work well? Going from 5 days of learning to 3 just doesn't seem like a good idea for consistency sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would bet that parents that depend on schools for most-of-the-day child care would not be happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. School would be awful. Aren't schools required to have students in school for a certain number of hours? Once my school found it was short some minutes, so an extra 2 min. were tacked onto the day. Like we did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of pending work are going to get done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wouldn't matter to me now, but when I worked I wouldn't want to have the long days to make up for four days off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Lisa; a Canadian company wanted our folks in the United States to work on Thanksgiving. That was refuted in the mid 2000's. I sometimes wonder if my former employer later caved to such requests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm retired now, so it doesn't matter for me, but I would have jumped for joy at the idea of a four-day weekend when I was working!

    Happy Sunday, Liz!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.