Monday, August 24, 2026

Preliminary Work

 I finished a thing last week.

Well, it's not precisely finished per se. But it's where I want it. 

It has been a while since I added anything to my YouTube channel. I had been toying with working on the reluctant sweater on camera, but I never quite got around to it. However, in the back of my mind, I thought I might want to do a video of the ugly slippers. 

Ugly slippers? 

They are the first things I ever made right after I learned to knit. My first project. Before that, GramMavis (my great-grandmother, the one who taught me to knit) made the family the slippers, gifting them to us to replace the previous pairs that wore out. 

As it's a great beginner project, I thought I'd knit them on camera and add them to my channel. 

As they are slippers, one would need to make two. But, I'm not going to knit two on camera. And, as it's been a while since I knit a pair, I needed to make sure I remembered how. 

I have no idea when I'm going to sit down and film this, but at least now when I do, I'm ready. 

(I like to sew both slippers up at the same time. It's a good way to make sure they look alike. So this one will remain flat until I film knitting the second slipper.) 

I wanted to give you a look at what they look like completed, but I couldn't get a good shot of them sitting on their own. Instead. I took a picture of them on my feet. Not the best, but it gives you a better idea.

Now it's just a matter of figuring out when to do some filming. 

17 comments:

  1. I love them! They are not ugly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the color combinations I use they are ;)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Marina. It's good you posed with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering the heat when I took the picture, it might not have been the best idea.

      Delete
  3. Cozy and warm and not ugly. If I could make a suggestion - if you ever have made slippers with non slip bottoms, you might get more traffic if you have done that successfully and know how. Supposedly you can use puffy fabric paint but inquiring minds would appreciate knowing this is possible. Asking for...a senior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried something a few years back, but it didn't turn out too well. Something I will have to consider.

      Delete
  4. I like the orange color in them. They would be great around Halloween time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to pair orange and purple when I can.

      Delete
  5. I am sure when all is said and done that they will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are your October slippers. They are not ugly and you represented these well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll wear these in December if my feet are cold.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.