School starts back up next week. Now that I've had the summer to kind of cleanse my palate (so to speak), it's time to remember what I'm in for. (Not that I'll necessarily have work next week, but...) This is a Thursday 13.
1. Mr. Jahn @JahnifestDestiny
Can confirm, sometimes it's just fun to listen to them talk.
2. Amanda & Zach Smith @amandasindallas
How was your day? Nice he gets to give a snapshot. I could totally see a kid doing this.
3. Educator Andrea @educatorandrea
"Wandering around asking people for Cheetos and Takis while we're reading about the Holocaust..." Been there.
4. MyTeacherFace @MyTeacherFace
Sometimes we can say the weirdest things. Teenagers...
5. Mr. Firth @Mister_Firth
Sometimes we really are in tune with the kiddos.
6. Gabe Dannenbring @gabedannenbring24
"Stop touching each other." Yup. And "It's on the board." Said frequently.
7. Sam Salem @samuelsleeves
He's a sub and a comedian. And I absolutely want to do this. (The thing in the video, not being a comedian. I'm no comedian.)
8. Mr. Moore Taught Me @MrMooreTaughtMe
Yup, everyone absolutely chimes in. Well, the ones that we're not talking to.
9. Levi Hawk @levihawk_teaching
They absolutely think they're hiding their phones. They're not. They're obvious.
10. Coach Russo @MrRussoHealth
I mean, I haven't seen a dab in a while, but the rest of this...
11. Talana @Talanagram
Can confirm. Asking a class to quiet down does not work.
12. Gregisms @Gregisms
The elementary kids say the darndest things.
13. Philip Lindsay @Mr_lindsay
I have yet to meet a student who says they're locking in actually lock in.
Why do I do this job again?

Ha ha ha! These are great, I love the "alarms".
ReplyDeleteI don't buy that a kid would set alarms like that, but it totally sounds like one kid's day.
DeleteYou do it because you are a very brave!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't say brave. More like I'm not qualified to do anything else.
DeleteIt’s good to have a sense of humor!
ReplyDeleteTo answer your final question: You do it for the stories.
ReplyDeleteAh... You might be right about that.
DeleteYou do it because it is your calling, and unfortunately, you answered the phone. I hadFifteen years as a teacher's aide. If you can last that long, into retirement, you will have some good stories.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice time with it in the next session.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
DeleteMy mom and dad were educators, my significant other is a retired teacher, I know a lot of teachers. It’s not a job I’d choose to do.
ReplyDeleteI understand.
DeleteMr. Jahn and the Oregon Trail was hysterical, at least to me. I'm sure my late best friend (a 4th grade teacher in New York City) had lots of stories. I have cousins who were or are teachers, but it never called to me.
ReplyDeleteThem using his name? Yeah, I can see any class absolutely doing that. It's funny how even though that was specific to his class, I totally recognized how teens behave.
DeleteThe third one cracked me up! That's a great idea with the trash back.
ReplyDeleteIt is. I so want to use it.
DeleteI don't see how you (and all of the other teachers) do it. These make me glad I'm not a teacher. I do think Greg is hilarious, though. I love his bits about Walgreen's drama.
ReplyDeleteGreg has some great Reels. Kids say the darndest things.
Delete