Monday, August 31, 2026

Blooper Reel

I have started recording the video. 

I am making slippers that look like this: 

(It's been too hot to think, plus I've been busy at work, so my brain hasn't been in reluctant sweater mode. I'll get back to it once things cool off.)

I got a new light/camera holder since I recorded the last video, so there was a bit of a learning curve. I can set the camera up higher. My first attempt to demonstrate something ended up being below what the camera recorded. Oops. 

So, to make sure I kept my hands in camera range, I stuck some blue tape on my surface. But, as I moved around and recorded and such, the camera moved a bit. I had recorded everything I wanted to do, and then I checked what came out on camera. The blue tape? Had drifted into the shot. Most of what I recorded was unusable. 

Deep sigh. 

I had to rip out what I had done and shoot it again. 

And then there are the usual bloopers. Like...

But progress. 

I knit a bunch off camera (no need to continue to demonstrate the two rows that repeat), and when I get another moment when I can, it's back to recording more video. 

I won't promise when this will get done. Once it gets done, it'll have to go to my brother for editing, and that can take some time. But, it'll be up sooner or later. I'll announce when. 

21 comments:

  1. It does feel too hot to work with yarn right now. A friend was knitting Saturday night (in the dark!) while we were watching a movie. That was impressive lol. At least the heat is breaking a bit this week, so maybe that will help your motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are giving it a good go. It is so much harder to do video than it looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I go in thinking it'll just take me a short time, and it takes me so much longer than I expect.

      Delete
  3. I can't imagine doing this kind of project in hot weather. Good luck to you. I hope the finished video gets the views. They are nice looking slippers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the air conditioning on and the ceiling fan going full blast. It helped. A little.

      Delete
  4. The blooper reel itself might wind up being really funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly it's me losing my words and then going, "nope".

      Delete
  5. Dear Liz, I love the photo of the slippers. I like the colours and they look comfortable.
    Just in case you didn't see my response to your question on my blog, yes, that was a sunset. My favourite time of day.
    I saw on another blog that people, if they want to, can opt to have a new blog post emailed to them.
    I am not sure about this, because I like to respect people's privacy.
    Would they have to give out their email address to me or whoever person's blog they wish to be notified via email of new posts or is there a way to do it via the blog itself?
    I am only asking because first of all you have tremendous talent in giving tips on how to do things on Blogger, and secondly because it would be great if this could be done in light of the fact that the Blogger news reader is so messed up.
    Thank you so much. 💓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can add a "subscribe" button. I have one in my sidebar. The service you sign up with does all the managing. The follower signs up with their email--they have to opt in. I think I did a post about this last summer. It's on one of my pages (link at the top).

      Delete
    2. Ah, thank youi so much Liz! I just found a video about this and I will keep your response here and look at the video to see if I can do this. I really appreciate all you do to help!

      Delete
  6. I was trying to make a video for something I got for free and my daughter was helping me. I had to start over 3 times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have never tried to make a video as yet which is why I didn't say anything on that aspect, as I have nothing to offer in the way of advice. LOL!

      Delete
    2. And I have no talent in crafts, either.

      Delete
  7. Those slippers do look great. And waiting for new video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great. The video will get done eventually. Just not rapidly.

      Delete
  8. Anita Joy here... it is funny hearing you talk of too much heat. Today is the first day of spring here so we're looking forward to some warmer days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's been miserable. 90s with high humidity. (That's 30s Celsius for your metric people.) I've been melting.

      Delete
  9. I could never make a video like you're working on. It's super hot here right now too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.