Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Like a Bad Neighbor

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder. 

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news. 

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉

A while back, I sat down and wrote out a bunch of "what if?" questions. And ever since, when it comes time to write a Tuesday post, I go to the list and go, "nah". So, since I've been reading a lot of social media posts about bad neighbors (and I'm going to either use this list of questions or finally get rid of the list)...

What if someone offered you a lot of money to create a situation that got your neighbor arrested? (I will not specify whether or not you and the neighbor get along. Answerer's choice.)

15 comments:

  1. Think I've seen similar things on the real life crime shows and the cops always get the conspirator in the end. So I will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I creating a fictitious situation where my innocent neighbor is framed for something they didn’t do? No, I can’t do that.

    If it’s a string operation to expose a neighbor who is engaged in illicit acts … yeah, I’d do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Currently all my neighbors are great and I've lived here for 28 years now! So I would refuse this money if I knew it would land them being arrested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way, even if the neighbor was a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't be inclined to go for it...I don't think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't do it. Wouldn't be right. Even if my neighbor was a douchebag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope. I could not do it because it is injust even if the neighbour is a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's so much that goes into this. Why do they want to get them arrested? Are they innocent or into some shady things? Are they absolutely terrible people? If they're innocent and not like a child m0l3ster or anything like that then absolutely not.

    Unless I could bring the neighbor in on it and then prove they're innocent. But that sounds like the basis of a book, not real life

    Ash @ Essentially Ash
    Want to follow me on Bookstagram, booktok, add my snapchat or check out my photography?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, I wouldn't do that. Even to the neighbor who lets his cats use my yard as a litter box, because he doesn't provide them one! He says, "They're icky."

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.