Friday, July 5, 2024

Can You Name the Famous Book?

While I was going through the various images I had saved on my phone for yesterday's Thursday 13, I ran across this one: 

I realized this would make an excellent random quiz. It's from www.laurieparkerwwriter.com. You can click on the image to make it bigger, but it might just be easier if I type it out. So...

Can You Name the Famous Book?

  1. The Geezer and the Caribbean
  2. An Elm Develops from a Sapling Where the Dodgers Once Played
  3. Brilliant Red Communication No One Writes Anymore
  4. While I Was in the Bed Croaking
  5. The Muscadines Belonging to Anger
  6. Armed Conflict and the Kind of Train Cat Stevens Used to Ride
  7. Out of Here in the Current of Air
  8. The Purple Rain Singer Associated with the Rising and Falling of the Ocean
  9. Tremendous Anticipations
  10. What Comes Before a Fall and Preconceived Judgement Towards a Group
  11. Mitt-Wearing Home Plate Squatter Enclosed by Reuben Sandwich Bread
  12. Murder a Derisive, Taunting, Feather-Covered Creature
  13. An Au Revoir for Everything Inside the Shirt Sleeves
  14. Y2K Minus Number of Candles on Molly Ringwald's Cake
  15. Felonies and Misdemeanors Couples with Spankings
  16. That Audio and that Rage
  17. Toward what Person or Persons a Recess-is-Over Sound is Directed
  18. One who Domineers over Things Stuck to the Swatter
  19. Scoliosis sufferer at the Fighting Irish School
  20. Courageous Globe with the Tag Still on It
  21. Pirate Loot/Counter in the Center of  Kitchen
  22. Story of a Duo of Municipalities
  23. About Little White Rodents and Grown Boys
  24. Ruby-Colored Nametag Indicating Bravery
  25. The Star in our Solar System Comes Up, Too

26 comments:

  1. I'll have to work on it later. I did notice #2 jumped right out at me! By the way, apparently, according to whatever my computer is using, there's a type on the URL you gave for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, done! I may have gotten them all, but I'm not sure about #4 and #13. I did have to look up what a muscadine was to do #5! That was fun. I wouldn't do so well if the books were newer.

      Delete
    2. I only copied the link that was on the meme, so who knows if it's still good? Likely not.

      Delete
  2. The only one I couldn't get was 15. I have no idea what that one means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one cool quiz! Thanks for sharing. Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A P.S. to my comment; I think you have an extra "w" in the website link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. I think I got most of them but I need to forward this to my sister. She'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I missed that one in my first go-round. After my second review.....ohhhhhhhhhhh.

      Delete
  7. Oh brother. Some are easy like Brave New World, While I lay Dying, Sun also Rises, Red Badge of Courage, etc. The others, will have to work on a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny which ones pop out to you and which ones don't.

      Delete
  8. Ahh this is so fun! I think I'm going to take this for my blog too if that's okay?! I got a lot of them but some of them stumped me.

    Ash @ Essentially Ash
    Want to follow me on Bookstagram, booktok, add my snapchat or check out my photography?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a little over half right. This was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. The Old Man and the Sea
    2. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
    3. The Scarlet Letter
    6. War and Peace
    7. Gone With the Wind
    8, Prince of Tides
    9. Great Expectations
    10. Pride and Prejudice
    11. Catcher in the Rye
    12. To Kill a Mockingbird
    13. Farewell to Arms
    14. 1984
    15. Crime and Punishment
    17, For Whom the Bells Tolls
    18. Lord of the Flies
    22. A Tale of Two Cities
    23. Of Mice and Men
    24. Red Badge of Courage
    25. The Sun Also Rises (?)

    Didn't get 'em all, but it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Liz- I definitely didn't get them all ... and am happy to see that Al has posted the answers for me/us!! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Upon first glance, the first and last book titles jumped out immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a couple of them are obvious. (Although what's obvious for one person isn't for another.)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.