Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Continuing to Watch

When I write these posts, I tend to look for a TV show that I'm currently watching. I want to recommend something I'm enjoying and something you might not have heard of. But alas, everything I'm currently watching are shows that I wrote about already.

Well, okay, that works. Kind of...

First off, Evil is on its last season. I initially wrote about it five years ago when it started. Since then, it's just gotten weirder and creepier. And the student priest was fully ordained. (It's on Paramount Plus. Sorry, Alana.)

(Oh, it looks like the first two seasons are on Netflix. I'm sure they'll get the last two seasons later.)

I mean, what's not to like about a show with a nun who sees (and fights) demons. And a priest who does remote viewing (for the Vatican). And four daughters who always talk at the same time. And their grandmother (who's gone full evil) is babysitting the antichrist who is her biological grandson. The show is wild.

Here's the trailer for the current season:

Last year I wrote about The Lazarus Project. It's currently airing season 2 on TNT. (I would assume you can catch the episodes on demand at this point.)

Last season the show was about resetting to July 1st when things went wrong. This season someone built a full-on time machine--that created a black hole that's going to destroy the earth three weeks after July 1st, so they've got to figure out a way to stop this. How (or if) they get a season 3, I have no idea.

Here's the trailer for the current season:

I have started a bunch of series. Some I got through the whole pilot episode. Most I couldn't even make it that long. So, when trying to come up with something interesting to watch, I thought, why not a rewatch? So, I'm rewatching Ted Lasso. I wrote about it three years ago. That was about season 1. They did three full seasons and then ended it. 

As I write this, I'm a couple episodes into season 2. By the time you read this, I'll probably be finished rewatching it. Instead of finding a trailer, I found a video titled "convincing you to watch ted lasso in 7 minutes". It's 7-ish minutes of scenes from the show. I do need to warn you, the language is "salty". (Roy Kent can't utter a line of dialog without at least two F-bombs. And the others don't hold back.)

Have you seen any of these shows? What shows are you currently enjoying?

9 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of these and appreciate your finds. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky to get three seasons out of a show these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the Evil music on the trailer is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound like a "wild" show! For some reason the old show (1991-1993) Eerie, Indiana popped into my mind. I think something about your show's four daughters who talked at the same time reminded me of one of the episodes. Might have been the one with the twins and Tupperware! My son watched it as a middle schooler, and it was "wild" weird too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the era where I was working swing shift and in college, so I didn't watch much TV. I'll have to see if I can find it streaming someplace, as it sounds vaguely familiar, but I can for sure say I never saw it.

      Delete
  5. Snowpiercer (the series, not the movie) reruns are running on a channel I can get. Yay! I'm about 15 minutes into the first episode, and that's where it's going to stay for a while.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.