Wednesday, July 19, 2023

The Lazarus Project

A little over a month ago, I saw a new show was starting on TNT that looked like it would be in my wheelhouse, so I set my DVR to record it. Only, it didn't record. But as I have Hulu, shows like this are easily streamed, so last week, I started it. 

The show is called The Lazarus Project. It's about a team that saves the world from extinction-level events. When they fail (and they do fail), they are able to get a do-over which has some interesting and terrible side effects.

We are introduced to this world via George, who stumbles onto the project when his world inexplicably starts repeating itself. 

The trailer:

As I caught this mid-season on TNT, not all episodes have aired yet. (The last episode will air this coming Sunday.) But you can catch up just in time here in the U.S. It appears to be a British show, so they saw it last year (with a new season airing this year). 

(That's why my DVR didn't pick it up. I had set it to record "new episodes", but since the original air date was last year, my DVR read them as "reruns" and didn't record. Ah, the joys of technology.) 

Has anyone else been watching this? Does it sound interesting to you?

11 comments:

  1. Huh, reminds me of something out of the SCP-verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't see it. It sounds interesting enough to watch the first episode and see how it went. I often find British shows much more enjoyable than American. They need to learn the lesson made in Stephen King's JFK. I was going to make another comment on that, but you may not have read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read it. (I don't read Stephen King. I have nothing against him. I just don't like the kind of stuff he writes, generally.)

      Delete
  3. I have heard about the series. But I don't think I will get it here.
    When I saw the title of the post, I was reminded of The Lazarus Heist, a BBC World Service radio series on the dark network of state-sponsored cybercrime. It's into season 2 now. Give a Google search for "BBC Sounds The Lazarus Heist".

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite show of late is The OA on Netflix. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look for it if I pick up Netflix again.

      Delete
  5. It sounds interesting, I hope it appears on Prime or Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can stream it from TNT's website. If you have cable, you can get it from them from their OnDemand.

      Delete
  6. Technology can be a pain. We have a similar issue with "American Horror Story" because the rest of the title (Ghost House, Coven, Asylum, etc.) changes every year. Happy Watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the great thing about streaming. Even when my DVR didn't pick it up, I was able to still catch up on what I would have missed otherwise.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.