Thursday, July 20, 2023

Thirteen Images

While going through and deleting a bunch of duplicate pictures on my phone, I noticed a bunch of old images that I no longer needed. (Phone lists from 2019. School attendance calendars from 2020. Etc.) So, I went through and deleted those.

While doing this, I noticed a bunch of random images and memes that I had kept for various reasons. And I realized I had enough of these to make a Thursday 13. (I may even have enough to do a sequel.) So, in no particular order, here are some images I found on my phone. 

(If you click on them, it should make them bigger. I'm too lazy to go and find the links to the original images.)

1. When I was in school, they taught us metric. Otherwise, I would know these conversions. (I have that sort of brain. If I had learned it as a kid, I would still know it.)

2. Math geek me finds this funny. If you take the term "Xbox" and assume that it's the first image (instead of just a video gaming device), then those conversions make sense.

3. I love this sentiment. 

4. Because a group of crows is called a...

5. Yes, I keep these sorts of memes when I find them. 

6. I can't tell you how long I laughed when I saw this. More than 10 minutes.

7. Just in case you wondered how our alphabet came to be...

8. Do not mess with karma...

9. I did not know this until I saw this online. And now I think of it occasionally.

10. Taking image #9 and putting into a graphical format.

11. I have shared this on the blog before. It still makes me laugh.

12. Because I feel this sometimes. (I saved the image to send to someone, but it applies to me as well.) 

13. This is another one I have posted to the blog before. When I first saw it, I laughed for a half hour. And then I laughed for five minutes every time I remembered it for the following two weeks. I don't know why, but I find this thing hysterical. (If you can read the sign, you're not a train. Trains can't read. I'm chuckling as I type this.) 

18 comments:

  1. I think the train one might be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5. Former Cub manager Joe Maddon is an innovator and insists that just because something didn't work doesn't mean it failed. Between his words of wisdom and your #5, I'm trying to rethink my thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A failure is just us figuring out how not to do something. I had trouble with this too, hence keeping that image on my phone.

      Delete
  3. I had to show the Xbox math one to my husband who is a numbers person and he got all but one. He’s asking what E to the x is supposed to represent. Don’t ask me. But I loved the alphabet origin chart. And the train sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E to the X is an exponential function. Let me see if I can find a link for you... E is a specific number. Link: https://www.purplemath.com/modules/graphexp4.htm

      (The advantages of covering math classes...)

      Delete
  4. thecontemplativecat here. My mind clicks off when the road goes down the metric. The train is perfect. Who in the elites decided they needed push that extra security button??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The train one made me laugh for months. I'm not sure why.

      Delete
  5. The llama one is really funny. And yet someone saw that sign and believed it, which is really sad.
    Metrics. They tried to teach us one year in grade school and then said screw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my science classes were in metric. (Standard units for science.) I remember the speed of light and the acceleration due to gravity in metric units still.

      Delete
  6. I got in the habit of deleting photos off my phone after I imported them to my computer. When I got my first iPhone I didn't think I'd want much storage. Silly me! It was so bad I had to delete even 30 photos to take more. So, now I have a lot more storage, but still don't keep many on my phone. Just some cute ones of Mickey mostly. My COVID vaccine record. I like that train sign. People can be so stupid. Or, they think that they are different and special. My favorite is the Attempted Murder, because I love crows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I finally had to upgrade to 50GB storage in iCloud. Worth it, though.

      Delete
  7. Like Lis, I adore crows, but the turkey had to be my favorite. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The turkey made me laugh for at least ten minutes the first time I saw it.

      Delete
  8. I always have to argue that one could have a green Great Dragon if a Great Dragons are a race of dragons . . . but the rule generally holds. Great TT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially love the "attempted murder" and moon sign alignment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moon sign made me laugh for twenty minutes. I still get the giggles when I think about it. Why is it funny? I'm not sure. I mean, the work that went in to waiting for the moon to be at just the right spot... But that's not funny. Yet, to me it is.

      Delete
  10. I and Z really took a hard right at one point, didn't they. I wonder who convinced them to try to escape? That turkey was one smart little DUDE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I split into two with the J. I'm sure there's an explanation of why somewhere...

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.