Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Medicated

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder. 

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news. 

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉

While cleaning out my school bag, I ran across a question I wrote in February, but I don't think I used it. (If I already asked it, well, this is the season of reruns...)

What if you could take a pill to give you confidence?

10 comments:

  1. It would be as overused as Adderall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, actually you can, but only if you have high blood pressure. The beta blocker class of high blood pressure meds have known side effects in that area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah... too bad! Mine is an ACE inhibitor!

      Delete
  3. I'd be concerned those already with confidence would take it and become bullies! It might be like the old stories where a dancer, or whatever, loses confidence (in one story she lost her shoes) and thinks she can't do well. Placebos probably would work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you invented it as well, you'd be stinkin' rich!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be Viagr...never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If there is an occasion when I really feel the need for a boost in my confidence, and if the pill doesn't have major side effects, I wouldn't mind popping one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mean there's a pill for that? I thought that what hard liquor is for. (one drink)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't get that from a pill..people have tried and became hooked. I get no kick from cocaine...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.