Monday, July 31, 2023

Almost There

Today is my birthday.

(And I'm probably going to be out and not online today. I'll catch up with you tomorrow.)

So, last week, I whined about the heat. And, as I live someplace where it really wasn't that bad, I shouldn't have been all that miserable. (But I was.) Which, of course, means that I did nothing with yarn and needles (or hook).

But I've been thinking about it. Kind of.

I was in Dollar Tree, just kind of looking around. (I had gone in for a couple things, but I was taking my time too.) I noticed a tote bag.

And I thought, hmm...

Earlier in the summer, I knit this dragon.

Before I knit the pattern in the big blanket yarn, I knit it in a swatch. And I still have that swatch. I've been contemplating what to do with that swatch for two years now. I've kind of had it in the back of my head to make it into a tote bag.

I wondered if that tote bag would work.

Turns out, it won't.

The swatch is just a smidge too big for the tote. Sigh.

If it was fabric, I could cut off the edging. But as it's not... 

Ah well. I guess I have to keep looking. (I'd've sewn my own tote bag ages ago, but I don't really have a sewing machine.) 

22 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! And may you have many, many more. I hope your day is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! And both dragons look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so close... Happy Birthday, my dear. I look forward to hearing about your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thecontemplativecat here. Happy B-day to you! I love that teal color. Dragons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the yarn I had on hand when I made it. It is a nice color.

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday to you. I know you will find a solution but if only that bag was the right size…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to find a bag of the right size, I suppose.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how I missed this yesterday! I saw the dragon and tote, and would have sworn I'd commented on how much the Dollar Tree has now, but maybe Blogger glitched and I didn't notice.
    Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That comment isn't in my spam folder, so we'll assume Blogger glitched. (Likely.)

      Delete
  8. Happy (late) Birthday! I hope you had a lovely day :) That swatch is too gorgeous not to do osmething with it. If I was closer I'd whip you up a tote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed your birthday! I hope the day was lovely and your week too. I think making these into a tote bag would be great...happy hunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just want to carry around a dragon tote bag.

      Delete
  10. A belated Happy Birthday, Liz. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.