Monday, June 21, 2021

Dragon Complete

I finished the dragon...

I'm quite happy with it. It was a challenge of a knit, but not undoable.

I have some thinking to do before I attempt it again, though. And yes, I'm going to attempt it again. I don't know what I'm going to put it on, but I want to wear this or carry it somehow.

The pattern... I don't like the way the pattern was written. But this is a me problem. 

The instructions were all there. It was just all the flipping through pages and checking stitches and such. I would love to have a good chart that I could just prop up so I wouldn't have to pick up a page every few stitches, but that's just a matter of situating things.

And it did come with a chart. I attempted to use the chart. But I could not get my head around it. 

Like I said, a me problem.

Now that I know how the thing works, it'll be easier to do a second time. And I can anticipate some of the problems I had before. 

But first I need to figure out where I'm going to use the design.

21 comments:

  1. It's really nice, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! It came out great. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cool! Glad you're going to use it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with this! It looks great and I love the colour! :)

    It's good you will be able to use it again even if the instructions were complex!

    Hope that your week is off to a good start :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't know what to use it for. I'll have to figure that out first.

      Delete
  5. It's beautiful! And I am so impressed at the speed you accomplished this in - this project must have gotten its hooks (no pun intended) into you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not like I've got anything else going on at the moment, so I could devote my full attention to it.

      Delete
  6. This is great! It could easily be on a sweater, hung up in a frame and Harry Potter fans etc...would love this design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But what sweater? It's something to think about.

      Delete
  7. Hi Liz - well done ... love the colour too. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Border it and turn it into a knee rug. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not an expert this field. But your work looks very nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it's really beautiful! Well done, looks very tricky. Could be pretty as a bag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is very cool! I can't think of where to put it, though. On the back of a sweater? Or the front?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back. I mean, it could work on a front, but I think it'd be cooler on the back.

      Delete
  12. That's amazing! If you can work in some colors I would totally purchase this. :) You are a true artist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That turned out awesome!! I love it! How difficult would it be for you could incorporate some Celtic designs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That depends. I assume there are stitch patterns already existing. I would not be able to crate Celtic designs in knit on my own. (Not familiar enough with them.)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.