Thursday, July 4, 2024

13 More Memes

While trying to decide on what to list today, I was perusing my photo library on my phone, and I noticed the various images I'd collected from the internet. It's been about a year since I did this last, so why not?

This is a Thursday 13. In no particular order...

If being hard on yourself worked, it would have worked by now.
1. Many of these I saved for me. I like this sentiment.

You're not getting an pony. No one is getting a pony. Your choices are an older proven workhorse or a loud, squealing pig.
2. I saw this in March. Still true.


Do not open the window more than a crack. (Geese trying to get in.) Under sign, goose peeking in, proving sign true.
3. My newest "when I saw this I couldn't stop laughing" image. I can relate to this so hard.


I don't wanna adult anymore. I don't even want to human. I wanna goat. Jump around randomly. Eat what I want and head butt anyone who annoys me.
4. I can relate.

Don't chase your dreams! Humans are persistence hunters. Follow your dreams at a sustainable pace until they get tired and lie down.
5. I really, really, really like this. 

It's a pretty small town--the population is just 1.2 kilofives. I don't see why Abraham Lincoln should be the only one who gets to come up with weird ways to say normal numbers.
6. Math geek me found this funny. Here's the link to the website.


The ones doin' the accusin' are usually the ones doin' the doin'--old southern proverb
7. I think you all know why I saved this one.

Don't be part of the problem. Be the whole problem.
8. This is a t-shirt. I am tempted to buy this t-shirt.

A wise man was asked "What is anger?" He gave a beautiful answer, "It is a punishment you give to yourself, for somebody else's mistakes."
9. Another one that spoke to me.

I literally cannot even. I can't even. I am unable to even. I have lost my ability to even. I am so unable to even.
10. We've all had those days.

how did "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" become the typical sentence that contains all letters of the alphabet and not "sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow" which is objectively a million times cooler
11. sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow... Yup, way cooler.

The Latin word "mappa" meant "napkin, cloth," but because maps were originally drawn on cloth, this eventually led to the word "map" as well.
12. I'm sure I saved this to show to J E Oneil. I'm also sure I did not get around to showing this to J E Oneil.

Jesus was here. A display of wines under a sign saying "water"
13. And another one that made me laugh for way too long.

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah. Some just speak to all of us, don't they?

      Delete
  2. Oh these are great too fun. And the one with the geese LOL to funny!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, we have geese in the neighborhood, so it hits me on that level, too.

      Delete
  3. Jamie here:
    That "work horse or squealing pig" one is quite true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. And more timely than when I wrote this post (over a week ago).

      Delete
  4. I've seen the XKCD, the goose one and the persistence hunters one, but the rest are amusingly new, including the map one. And now you've shown it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Briefly investigated the XKCD. All of these were new to me and I liked them all, especially #5, #8 and yes, #13.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #13 made me laugh so hard. I think you'd enjoy following XKCD. They've been around for years, and their comics really hit us nerds.

      Delete
  6. So true what the old lady said. Love the goose and I'm with the goat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great memes. I love the one about the pig,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the geese and window one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, the sign is there for a reason, right?

      Delete
  9. These are great. Nice saves! I have a collection of memes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 7 and 10 are my favorites. 7 is the Repugnant Party, and 10 is how I felt and still feel about the jerks in the court.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, definitely. (And I wrote this post like two weeks ago. Still timely.)

      Delete
  11. The eleventh just cracks me up. I have to read it again and again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I saved it. It's totally awesome!

      Delete
  12. The goose at the window. I'm still laughing at that!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.