Monday, June 26, 2023

Demonstrated

Last week I shot a couple videos.

A couple years back, I started a YouTube channel. I had this idea to work out my various patterns on video. I started with my lip balm holders and then I followed up with my egg-shaped lip balm holder. My intent was to continue making those videos, but I got a little busy with work.

Last year, I made that Möbius scarf, and I realized that would be the perfect sort of thing to record. Only, I had to figure out the best way to work the scarf so that the video would make sense. 

I played with the pattern a bit more always with the intent that it would become a video. And then last week my week opened up. I had a string of days where I would have time to just sit down and shoot the thing.

Of course, a couple weeks ago, I got that custom request for the water bottle carrier. And while I was planning a scarf video, I figured a water bottle carrier video would work nicely as well. 

So, I shot both last week. 

I pulled out several yarns for the scarf, but I ended up using a simple blue: 

I really like how this turned out. I'm almost tempted to make myself one for winter use, but in a color I wear.

(What am I going to do with this piece? I have no idea.)

I have plenty of worsted weight yarn, so I grabbed something light for the water bottle carrier.

I didn't measure, but I think the strap ended up being about the same length as the one I made for the Etsy customer.

And again, I made something I have no use for. Perhaps I should do a giveaway?

I'm going to hold onto these for a bit, though. I may need them to photograph or something while the videos are edited together. This may take a bit of time. 

I'll post the completed videos to my YouTube channel when they're finished. Then I need to get going with posting more. I can't let the channel totally stagnate. I'm pondering doing my pillow pyramids next, but we'll see how things go.

Did you do anything interesting last week?

18 comments:

  1. The scarf and the water bottle holder both look really good. Glad you got some time to work on them.

    It's a good idea to have a YouTube channel. I can understand when you say you got busy with work. That's exactly what has happened to my channel, where I have some random videos put up. https://www.youtube.com/bpradeepnair

    (By the way, a request to readers of my blog.
    In case you have subscribed to the feed of my blog, you might have been experiencing a disruption in the feed updates. My blog feed wasn't being picked up by some feed readers.
    Maybe you would like to update the feed subscription with this feed URL:
    https://follow.it/bpradeepnair?pub
    Hopefully, this works.
    Thank you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Möbius scarf. It would look nice smaller as a headband. Some people might even want a flower added! I remember crochet flowers on lots of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The video is general enough that someone could make the thing smaller to make it headband size. Interesting idea.

      Delete
  3. It might not be your color, but I love the blue. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scarves. And just watched your lip balm holder videos. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the water bottle holder you made for me. It’s very pretty in blue. Do a giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thecontemplativecat here. I love the blue.You are ambitious, and successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't call it ambitious. Perhaps bored.

      Delete
  7. That's awesome that you're doing videos! Do you have the ability to flip the footage (or whatever it is that people do) to have left-handed videos? I'm always begging for lefty videos.

    I really like the pattern and the color that you used for the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to ask my brother if that's possible. (If it is, he would know how.) Would you like me to reverse the ones I have on YouTube now?

      Delete
  8. Love the colour of the small scarf or headband. I just love that blue. The water bottle holder looks great too. It's a good idea to have a video for people who are trying to learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized the scarf is not something I can really write a pattern for. I mean, I could, perhaps. But I didn't want to mess with it.

      Delete
  9. I like the color of the water bottle holder I don't go on You Tube very much except for music videos, despite knowing how popular (and informative) instructional videos are. But, given your profession, I know your instructional videos would be among the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that I'll use YouTube for techniques for things that I need to look up. Certain cast ons and stitches pop up that I don't remember how to do.

      Delete
  10. This new scarf is very pretty, I love the color, and stitches. I will have a look at your Youtube channel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read your 2015 post and wonder if you still go to farmer's markets. We've been enjoying a local one for the last few years. And, as always, I'm impressed by your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't been back in a few years. I didn't get the traffic, and it wasn't worth the effort. (I'd make back my booth fee, maybe.)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.