Monday, June 12, 2023

The New Request

A couple weeks ago I posted pics of a finished water bottle carrier for a customer of my Etsy shop

Alas, it wasn't actually "finished". 

The customer said that the strap was too short. After some back and forth, I got a length that she wanted the strap to be. And then she asked if I could add on a pocket for her cell phone. 

Hmmm... That was not a thing I had considered.

I said yes. I mean, I wasn't sure how I was going to do it, but I thought I could figure something out. 

(I like it when customers ask me such things. A cell phone pocket is a great idea. I would never have thought to add one without the request.) 

So, here is the carrier, with modifications:

I put a pair of sunglasses in the pocket as I took the picture with my cell phone.

I kind of made this up as I went along, so I'm going to have to consider if there's a better way to do it. I just made a flat panel that's modeled on half of the water bottle carrier, and I crocheted it to the front (or back) of the piece.

I mean, it works. But there might be a simpler way. 

(I took a pic with the whole length measured, and I didn't get the tape measure out of the frame for the following shot.) 

Is it finished? I don't know. I have to wait for the customer's approval. She's the one who's going to be using the thing, so it has to be right for her.

18 comments:

  1. I like the color. It reminds me of some flowers I have planted in my flower bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope she's happy with it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just delivered to her today, so hopefully it's everything she wanted.

      Delete
  3. That is a good idea. Most women don't have pockets big enough for their cell phones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the customer's approval is the final verdict.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good you could figure out a way to accommodate the customer's request. It looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cool that you have an Etsy shop. I love the color of the water bottle carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All's well that ends well. Good idea. I would also need a pocket for a book! That's why I wear a backpack. I'm high maintenance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A book bag with room for a water bottle... Yeah, backpack is probably the way to go, but I'm sure I could come up with something if challenged.

      Delete
  8. I would be too easily frustrated to be a good Etsy shop owner. I am hoping the customer is satisfied, and so happy with your willingness to alter the purchase that you will get other customers from referrals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it to order, so there weren't changes, per se. I don't really make things anymore, so it's not a big deal to me.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.