Wednesday, June 14, 2023

The Way Home

School is out, so to fill blog space, on Wednesdays I tell you about a TV show I stumbled across that you probably have not heard of but you may enjoy.

When I say, "The Hallmark Channel," you get a certain idea in your head. Cheesy Christmas movies. Yeah?

They have some original series, too. Family-centered fare. Wholesome. Stuff I enjoy, but not usually stuff I recommend. 

But, earlier this year, they started a new show, and it was not quite like what they usually show. I was going to talk about it in April, but it absolutely would not fit on J-day, and W-day was on the wrong day of the week.

It's called The Way Home. It's about a teen girl who falls into a pond in our time and reemerges in 1999. Her family is going through some serious drama, then and now. Divorce. Missing kid. And more.

Unfortunately, you can only stream it now if you subscribe to Hallmark or Peacock. But, there's going to be a season two, and I bet they'll do a "catch up" of season one before season two airs.

The trailer:

Did anyone else see this earlier this year? Have you ever watched a Hallmark Channel TV show?

11 comments:

  1. I watched enough Hallmark Channel movies (the usual kind) with my mother in law in her last couple of years. The only streaming service I have is Amazon Prime, so guess I won't be able to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not like those movies. I mean, I like those movies. But, this is not like that. However, yeah, you'll have to look out for the new season next year and catch up (because I'm sure they'll air the previous season before the new one, at least, I think they will).

      Delete
  2. I've currently just got netflix with ads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are good things on there, too. I just finished Queen Charlotte.

      Delete
  3. I mean. Not the ONLY way. Just the only "legitimate" way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed some of the Peacock fare. I shall check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only seen few Hallmark movies.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this advertised but I don't get that channel. It sounds intriguing and reminds me when they did better programming. I did watch a Christmas movie where it took place in Vienna. Typical but loved the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the problem with this show. Availability.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.