Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Calendar Tinkering

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder. 

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news. 

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉

What if our calendar was more static, that is, what if every calendar day fell on the exact same day of the week year to year?

(It would just be a matter of taking one day and not assigning it a day of the week, like the 1st of January or the 31st of December in non-leap years. Of course, this would mean your birthday would fall on the same day of the week every year, which is cool for me as I was born on a Saturday.)

6 comments:

  1. Although I like it when February and March in non-leap years have numbered days on the same day of the week for the 1st through the 28th, I'm not sure I would want days in other months to be like that. Maybe I've lived too long but our current calendar is comfortable for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do January and October. (February and March also pair with November.) And April and July. Also, September and December.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking about this today. What happen we use the moon cycle as our calendar.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At 54, I don't care much about birthdays. lol Having dates fall on the same day would actually be more convenient, as well as dropping Daylight Savings Time.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.