Wednesday, June 28, 2023

The Wheel of Time

So, summer. And nothing is on TV. Sigh.

My original plan for Wednesdays was a show that I happened upon that you might not have heard of. But I've got nothing. I scroll around for a while until I find something, and last week that something was The Wheel of Time

Season one came out in 2021. Season two is going to premiere in September. It's on Amazon Prime.

It's based on a series of books by Robert Jordan about a magical world with a reincarnated person known as the Dragon Reborn. There's a Dark One who threatens the land, etc. 

There were eight episodes in season one, and I quite enjoyed the show. I do like this sort of high fantasy most of the time. 

Here's a trailer:

Have you seen The Wheel of Time? Do you subscribe to Amazon Prime's streaming service? Does anyone have any shows they can recommend? (Seriously, I need something to watch.) 

10 comments:

  1. I've not heard of it. I do not subscribe to any streaming services. I don't watch TV. The only thing that is a television show I watch is Task Master, the UK and the NZ ones, but the day after they air in their countries somewhere my son finds them uploaded. If I find a DVD of an old mystery or police procedural show, I'll watch those. When I did have streaming I just watched those kinds of things from years past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some great streaming services that are free (with commercials). They have a lot of the old shows and such.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah, so I'm not 100% sure that the new season will start when they said the new season would start. But I can dream...

      Delete
  3. It does sound good, though I'm already watching three dark, character driven shows right now. I need something lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Prime but I rarely watch any of its streaming offerings. I got into Season 1 of The Man in the High Castle for a while (alternate history where the Nazis and Japanese won WWII and split the United States between them) but I think you would need to be a fan of dystopian stories to get into the series. It ran for four seasons, but I never watched seasons 2-4. It might horrify you to see how easily many Americans adjusted to living under the Nazis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of The Man in the High Castle. I've never quite gotten around to it. I started For All Mankind on Apple Plus, but the whole alternate history just rankled. I kept saying to myself, "That's not how it happened". And... That's the point! So, I could totally see myself getting hung up on the things they changed and not enjoying the show.

      Delete
  5. I have Prime. Recently we watched the whole Jack Ryan/Jason Bourne. Greystone is a good one. Citadel. I'm more into thrillers and suspense as you can see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother did little other than watch television towards the end. ~sigh~ I have to chuckle, though, when recalling how she complained about her favorite shows not airing on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only she'd been able to stream things...

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.