Monday, May 29, 2023

A Project for Saturday

On Saturday morning, I had a request via my Etsy shop. Could I make the customer a water bottle carrier? 

As you know, my knitting/crochet mojo has been missing of late. I haven't wanted to do much of anything. But Saturday was a day I needed a project to take with me, and this was an easy one. I went on a hunt for the requested light purple, grabbed the hook and notions I would need, and I headed out for the day.

It has been a while since I made this, though. I vaguely recalled the pattern. But I had posted it on this blog ten years ago, so I just called it up on my phone. I reacquainted myself with how to start off, and I began.

I got most of the body crocheted when I realized I had left out the "straps" along the body. So, I ripped it out and began again.

I got to the strap portion. This is the tricky part as the last time I had made this for the customer, she had requested I make a shorter strap. I consulted the dimensions of that last one (as I had helpfully written those down last time). I measured my strap. The previous one had a strap 25 inches long. My current strap was 33 inches. So, more frogging.

Of course, I ripped back too far, so I had to recrochet about an inch. And then it was done.

Yes, I did this all on Saturday.

So, now that it's finished, I get to figure out what to make next. Deep sigh.

18 comments:

  1. That really is quite lovely. Apropos of nothing, purple/lavender is my fiancée's favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice color. A handy item too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Hopefully something with spark your interest soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps on a Monday, publicize your Etsy store (and we can share on social media?) It's obvious you do excellent work (and I've lost my mojo, also - my temperature afghan is stuck somewhere in February). Maybe you'll get some more orders and it will get you jumpstarted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pivoted my Etsy store to patterns. I'll do the occasional custom order, and if you would want anything, I'd sell it to you through the Etsy storefront. (Having the 3rd party between is a way to keep everything aboveboard.) But I'm not making things specific to the store anymore. I've found that what I like to make makes more sense as a pattern for others to make their own rather than a thing to buy.

      Delete
  5. thecontemplativecat here. The color is excellent. Love the journey that led to this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour and it gave you a project to do. What else do people love to carry around...what about those bags that people strapped around their waist to carry their wallet etc..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't figured out how to make one of those. The best I ever did was to make a pouch that I could clip to a belt loop, but it didn't work very well.

      Delete
  7. I like that shade of purple. I'm kinda feeling in the same place as you. I have WIPs and stuff I need to make, but the motivation has been a little lacking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing I need to make. I've been doing gift cards for birthdays. I'm not cold. So, nothing that has to be done. So, it's probably okay not to be making anything at the moment.

      Delete
  8. It looks good!

    Have you seen any of the unicorn granny squares? That could be a fun project for a bag or purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not. I'll have to go and look those up.

      Delete
  9. Great idea and pattern, I like the short strap too. Now that you remember how to crochet it, maybe you can make one or two more as gifts or for buyers ;))

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.