Monday, May 22, 2023

Rawr

I think I know what I want to make. But it's a bad idea.

I want to take this design:

...and knit it with this type of yarn:

I'll use a solid color for the dragon. It won't be quite big enough for an afghan, but then I'll edge the thing either in crochet or knit to make it afghan-sized. 

But I'm trying to talk myself out of it.

Why? Well, first, we're going into summer, and knitting a warm yarn during summer hasn't worked out all that well for me in the past. Then, that would require me to buy yarn, which is something I don't want to do, especially a big, bulky yarn. (I used this yarn up specifically because it was taking up so much space.) 

And finally, the finished thing will have no home. I don't need an afghan. I suppose I could sell it...

On the pro side, it's something I want to make, which is not something that's happened for a bit. Also, starting something, anything, might get me in a starting mood, which would be a good thing. (I would like to have four or five projects going so I can switch off to the thing I'm in the mood to do.) 

It's a bad idea. But I'm probably going to do it. Maybe???

(I knit that dragon almost two years ago now. It was a pattern I just had to have when I saw it. I haven't attempted to knit it since then. The pattern link is for Ravelry. Here's another link off Ravelry.)

19 comments:

  1. It's very squishable yarn! It would make a wonderful addition to your store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. That's why I had to have that pattern. I've been looking for something to use it on.

      Delete
  4. Bad, bad, bad idea!! lol....but we have to follow our hearts so if your heart is saying do it, then do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make it! If you're excited, you have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited is kind of overstating how I feel about it. Interested, mostly.

      Delete
  6. Flip the a coin. Heads is for going on with project, and tails for not doing it.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say, do it!
    Hugs and blessings, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liz - what a gorgeous pattern - you could make it and then frame it? love the idea - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great pattern. Maybe you could make it to donate to a kid's hospital. If you use colors kids like, they'd love a blanket with a dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, a new project! And a stunning one, I love your dragon. Well, if you buy just the yarn you need, it could be ok? ;))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't think, just do..and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I have to think and plan. I can't just jump in and do it.

      Delete
  12. I like the dragon but I would say - if you are ambivalent, maybe put the idea away for a couple of weeks and then see how you feel. If you do make it, I agree with others that if you use colors a child would use, it will hopefully sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw a baby pink in that yarn. I don't know if baby pink and dragon really work together, though.

      Delete
  13. As a fellow knitter I know what you mean about knitting the summer and that is some chunky yarn to have sitting on your lap and making your hands sweaty which will making knitting harder.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.