Friday, May 12, 2023

Frazzled

Some days...

Thursday. First period was my conference period, but I got an email from the secretary asking if I could cover an extra period.

Just a bit before the warning bell, I headed out to the classroom. I climbed the flight of stairs up to the second story and got to the classroom. 

The teacher was there, but she didn't have any students. She was confused as to why I was there. I realized I must have made a mistake, so I checked my phone. (I had access to the spreadsheet with the extra period assignments.)

Then I realized what I had done. 

By this time the warning bell had rung, and so while I made my way down the stairs, students were making their way up the stairs. I hustled to the back of campus. 

I got there just before the bell rang.

Luckily, the teacher was there. She got class started while I tried to get my nerves under control. 

What had I done? The teacher I initially went to had been out the previous day. For some reason, I got the two days mixed up. What's worse is that I didn't cover that class the previous day. I only eyed the assignment and was happy when another teacher picked it up. 

At least the class I ended up in was a math class. They were doing problems that I knew how to do, so I felt less like an idiot being able to help them.

And that was only the start of idiot things I did that day. At least the English classes were just reading The Great Gatsby. I couldn't screw that up too much.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just another day where I felt like an idiot. It's funny in retrospect.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, but we all have bad "idiot" days. I sure have. Lets see, like being all worked up over the reservoir drawdowns, I tried to email a state representative, all outraged, and the email was returned, as undeliverable. Guess that rep only communicates now via twitter. Then I emailed a reporter who investigates things and sets things right, the whole story, with links I sent to him, only to discover a couple hours later he doesn't even work there anymore. I had an idiot day too. Hope all smoothed out for you by days end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, what a mess. No email? That's bizarre.

      Delete
  3. We all have days like that. Maybe it's the universe's way of keeping us on our toes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, sounds like a good day to sleep longer, lol. Hope the rest of the day improved for you. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I have to be to school on time. If I had been late, this would have been worse.

      Delete
  5. Don't be too hard on yourself. We all have days where we mess things up. Glad it didn't turn out too bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how making mistakes like that can mess with you, but dear, I do crap like that all the time. I had to start laughing at the crap I did to keep from getting totally upset with what I did. Sometimes things like that come into play when you have a lot on your mind or too much on your plate. Like you are always trying to tell me, have patience with yourself

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.