Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Ghosts

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder.

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news.

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉 

Last week, Bathwater at Felo De Se had an idea about recreating the deceased using AI. I thought it would make an excellent "what if?"

What if you could recreate a deceased relative (mother, father, grandparent, etc.) using AI?

Note: I have stopped responding to comments on these "What if?" posts, but I do read them all. I realized that I kept trying to either explain or defend the question, which is not the point. I toss the question out there, and you get to interpret it as you see fit. I am frequently surprised by everyone's interpretations, and I enjoy seeing what tangents you all take.

6 comments:

  1. It wouldn’t be real … it might be satisfying for awhile but …

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous on trend AI question. I have just used ChatGPT for my latest post on massage. It all comes down to how you ask the question I find with AI, so I would type in 'Where would your 100 year old deceased Grandmother suggest you travel to next for your next holiday answer in a warm loving style!' Which I did and for the record she suggests Costa Rica, which we think is very clever as we don't think she ever went there! AI is fascinating to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be so tempting just like the holodeck on Star Trek. I wonder if it would capture the real person or our interpretation of them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Without even a moment to think about it, absolutely not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's against the law of nature. Nah!

    Hugs and blessings, Liz.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.