Monday, May 15, 2023

Meh


Right now, I wish I had some project on the needles or hook. A long project that I've been plugging away on for ages. Then I'd have something to work on.

And something to write about. 

But no. I have the pillow thing that I haven't touched since my last blog post about it. I've got the scarf I take with me to school (and don't touch). And... that's it. I've got nothing else. 

It's time to start things. I could start a bunch of projects. When I have several things going, I can switch off to something else when the thing I'm working on gets boring or is too much/too little for the energy I have at the moment. 

But what should I start? I'm low on ideas. I have yarn. I have the whole of the internet to find various patterns to try. I could even try my hand and designing something new. 

I just have no idea what. That's why I'm stuck.

The above pic? I went into my picture archives on the blog just to have something to post. I still have this vest thingy. I don't think I've ever actually worn it, though. It was fun to make. But it's too warm for the warm days, and it's sleeveless, so it doesn't really work for the cool days. 

What should I make next? Anyone have any ideas? I truly have got nothing.

16 comments:

  1. It’s k to take a break if you’re not feeling inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could get started on the Christmas presents! Then you won't have the anxiety later on that you won't be done on time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing gift cards lately. Lazy, but I'm cool with that.

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm not good with ideas. I barely have enough to keep myself going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vest is pretty. Maybe make some simple things to donate to a hospital or something while you're thinking of your own project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Considering all my unfinished projects, I'm the wrong person to ask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a bunch of unfinished projects right now. Because then I would pick up one and make some progress on it. I finished too many things, and now I don't have anything to just work on.

      Delete
  6. I always liked ponchos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was trying to come up with something different from the common gloves, hats, socks, sweater, etc. What about a bookmark, in different colours, shapes, and sizes? It might be a crazy unworkable idea. I don't know how complex or simple that is going to be. But I guess it could be a cute present for any bibliophile friend of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liz - your wrap around looks a great cover to have at hand and be useful at various times ... good luck with your next project - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about a granny square purse? Maybe with sunflower squares? I've seen so many adorable patterns for those floating around. Or a cat couch if you know someone with a cat? You could probably donate it to a shelter if you don't know someone with a cat. Or what about something rainbow themed for pride month? I know you're a much more advanced crocheter than I am, but if it helps at all, I'm working on an egg apron for a neighbor (pattern is on Crochet with Tiffany Hanson) and I just got the yarn for child-size granny square bags for other neighbors (also a Tiffany Hanson pattern), and I just bought the yarn to attempt a rainbow cat scarf my sister has asked for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely vest. I hope that you will find your knitting mojo back. You did some very cute and fun hats and scarfs, I'm thinking about the unicorn, octopus, and so on. Maybe a teacozy with these patterns ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.