Monday, August 19, 2024

Christmas in August

Not quite the same ring as "Christmas in July", but it's very Christmassy here with me finally finishing the string lights...

I took the strand outside to give it a different background for the final photos. 

All the "lights" are sewn onto the "cord". I finished it up on Saturday. (This is the pattern if you want to make one of your own.)

I probably should have taken more shots like the one above, where you can see the closeup of the "light". Maybe next week. With school in session, I may not have anything else to blog about next Monday, yarn-wise.

I attempted to do a panoramic shot, but it didn't quite come out as I would have liked. I would have spent more time playing with that, but in choosing what to spend my time on right now, I have to use some of it for work prep. Sigh.

So, finished. Finally. Considering that I started this back in October of last year, I've been working on it for a while. But, not seven and a half years, so not too bad, really.

The string lights crochet saga:

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. (Oops, meant to set this post to publish tomorrow...)

      Delete
  2. A nice long strand! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it ended up way longer than I expected. (That's a good thing.)

      Delete
  3. That came out so good! I crocheted a baby blanket for my grandson 11 years ago but that was the only thing I made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fairly simple pattern. The link is in the post.

      Delete
  4. They came out so nice! They'd look so cute hanging up somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! As I've mentioned I just might be tempted to make it, if I ever get my temperature afghan finished (my recent work on it: zero).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is linked in the post. You totally should try it.

      Delete
  6. It's cool seeing how long the strand is. Congrats on finishing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You finished up just in time (before school starts)! It's really nice, and I get why it's hard to photograph a long string. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I finished it two days after school started. But close ;)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! They look great and perfect for Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liz - they look wonderful ... fun way to show them off too - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turns out very pretty, great Christmas garland! Love the scenery too ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.