Monday, April 12, 2021

Jabbering On

I had the worst time coming up for a title for today's post. I had to resort to pulling out the dictionary and reading through all the Js. And this is the best I could come up with. Sigh.

I didn't get a whole lot of anything really done done. I continued to play with the seven (and a half) years cardi. Border time...

It's hard to see in that image. I'm about halfway around adding a double crochet border. It'll make more sense on this image...

The right side has the border, the left side does not. I don't know if I like it. It needs something, but do I want to jazz it up a bit, or do I want the knit stitch (that I struggled with for years) to take center stage? I'm not sure.

And I also finished a couple more masks. First, I decided I wanted one in pink...

And then I just need a plain black one. (I have another black one, but I made a mistake on it, so I needed one made right.) 

So, progress of a sort. Perhaps next week I'll get a bit more done. (Don't count on it.)

26 comments:

  1. The cardigan is looking great! Nice to make masks, you can get them to fit your face and ears better than the ones off the shelf, as it were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes two of us! The mask black masks look cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely like the side with the border. Nice masks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost done! I like the border, even if it takes some time to make 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you make more progress on the cardigan. 11 years in the making; sounds like some of my projects. I like these latest masks, especially the black one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seven years. Only seven years. Seven years is long enough...

      Delete
  6. I gave up on titles for blog post.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Putting the edging on the cardi certainly makes it look finished. Soooo close!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some progress! Masks look nice.
    Here now doctors are advising people to wear double-layer masks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liz - well done on moving nearer to the end of your jabbering cardigan ... while the masks are very smart. All the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy seeing the progress on that sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There'll still be several posts after this, at this rate.

      Delete
  11. You could have used 'Jazzing it Up' for the title. ~grin~ And I don't think your sweater needs further embellishment. But you know best. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps. I don't know if it was really jazzed up, though.

      Delete
    2. "Jazz it Up, or Not", then? lol

      Delete
  12. What a gorgeous cardigan! And how fun to create your own perfectly-suited to you masks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can make it myself, I'd rather. I can't always do that.

      Delete
  13. I see the difference and I think the border looks fine. The masks look great and basic black always goes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.