Monday, September 9, 2024

Can't Quite See It

I didn't get very far on the eye sweater this week: 

That's what happens when we have a heat wave along with me being busy at work. But I had time on Saturday, so I got a couple more rounds in on the sleeves. And then I got stuck.

I'm at the bottom portion of the sleeves (at about the elbow heading towards the wrist). 

And here's where the example picture gets interesting: 

I can't tell what those stitches are. It's been just straight double crochets and treble crochets up until now. But between the two white bands? I can see some double (probably treble) crochet clusters. But what stitches do I use? 

If anyone has any ideas, I'm open. But I know I'm going to have to figure this out on my own. And hence, why I'm stuck. For now.

Our lovely heat wave of 100+ temps is supposed to settle into cooler weather (the 80s) later this week. I might be able to think about accomplishing something then. Maybe. 

Tell me stories of cool weather. I'd like to imagine nice weather for a while, at least until the autumn heatwaves subside. (Generally, for us, that's November.) 

Eye sweater previous posts:

18 comments:

  1. I can't tell. But, if you want to do something a little different from the double or triple, you could do a row of, and I don't know its name, where it crosses over, like x's. It might set off the end of the sleeve a bit. Whatever you do it will look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what that stitch is. No, I don't know what it's called either. A cluster of some sort, I'd guess.

      Delete
    2. What a nice blogger community. :D Best wishes to you, my dear.

      Delete
  2. That is one cool sweater. I hope you figure out the sleeve situation. The weather here is a perfect early 70's. Sun is out but the air is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know enough about crochet to hazard a guess, so good luck. It's actually cool out here. The first fall-like September in a decade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m loving the sweater … especially now that we are getting sweater weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice. Sweater weather. I hope we get sweater weather at some point. (I enjoy hearing of your nice weather.)

      Delete
  5. It's still hot here. I'm no help as I don't know how to really crochet. I made a blanket but I think I made up a stitch. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you did, you should name it after yourself and prominently feature it in your projects ;)

      Delete
  6. Mine has been a loyal journey with this creation 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess figuring out stitches can be frustrating, especially when the pattern isn’t clear.

    (My latest post: UK Tour 10 - London city)

    ReplyDelete
  8. From whatever yarn the example person used for the rows between the stripes, I can't tell what the stitches are. I do like Lisa's idea of using the X stitch (I think it really is called the X stitch). Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Birgit…you will know how to get the sleeves done because I have no idea. All I do know is that this is looking really cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea right now. Hopefully I'll make some sort of decision.

      Delete
  10. "Reading" a crochet sweater without the pattern is part of the fun ;) And chances are the result will be even more beautiful and personal

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.