Monday, February 13, 2023

Keeping It Simple

Progress has been made (since last week): 

I haven't really worked on it that much, but because the yarn is bulky, it works up quicker. 

I'm using a simple stitch pattern called the Escalator Pattern. As the yarn is bulky, fuzzy, and variegated, using a complicated stitch pattern is just more trouble than it's worth. 

Stitch definition is really hard to see in the pictures. In this case, less is more when it comes to a stitch pattern. 

I'll keep plugging away at this. Hopefully I've got enough yarn to complete the whole pillow. I rather think I do at this moment.

18 comments:

  1. Really unique coloring. And it looks very fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so soft! I want to grab it and squeeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh, I just want to snuggle into that! My project is proving tricky (mostly due to my mistakes more than anything else), but I will hopefully get to the end before winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AJ Blythe (I really need to remember I have to add my name before hitting post, but habits die hard)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, they need to fix the comments login. Blogger broke it.

      Delete
  4. Variegated grey is a perfect neutral color/shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the idea when I bought the yarn (although I bought it for a totally different project).

      Delete
  5. It looks really lovely and soft.
    Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    Hugs and blessings, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plugging away at it sounds like a good way to finish the project. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! And hey, I forgot to follow up on that pale pink scarf. I'm still interested if it's available. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's on me. I flaked. But I'll get that set up for you tomorrow.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.