Monday, August 7, 2023

One Round of Single Crochet

I managed to turn this...

...into this...

...and now it's this...

Perhaps a close up will help. With just blanket stitch:

And now that I've done one round of single crochet:

Now I just need to measure to see how wide I want this piece. Then some sewing and button attachment, and I'll have a pillow cover. Eventually. 

But I haven't felt like doing much lately. I did manage to pull out some yarn, needles/hooks, and patterns to start a couple new things. 

Unfortunately, I can't find the right hook for one of the projects. I'm debating whether to purchase a new hook (I know I have it, but after tearing apart all of the places it could be, I don't know where else to look) or just use a hook one size smaller. It's not something that has to be a certain size, so this would be a minor alteration.

I'm not going to say anything else, as at the rate I'm going, I might not actually touch any of these projects in the foreseeable future. If I get around to any of them, I'll post pictures when I have something to show off.

Have a great week.

17 comments:

  1. You know what will happen. The moment you buy a new hook you’ll find the missing hook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, which is why I hesitate to buy a new one. Although, hooks aren't expensive, and it's not like I can't have multiples. I mean, I already do. Just not in that one size.

      Delete
  2. Looking good! Songbird is right, buy a new one, there's the old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to write what Songbird said. lol That happens to me a lot. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree - buy a new one, find the old one immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's a subsection of Murphy's Law.

      Delete
  5. Oh no. I bet you put the hook in some place that seemed perfectly normal at the time and you were sure you'd remember but you don't. Though I may be projecting a bit here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't recall last time I even did a blanket stich.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so annoying when you can't find the right hook. That's part of why I have three different projects with different size hooks going on right now. I own two H hooks since I seem to use those the most, and try to keep them in different places so I can always find at least one of them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably have two or three H hooks, too. Those I can actually find, though.

      Delete
  8. I'm famed for losing hooks, which is how I ended up with about five H hooks. I'm even more famous for losing them while on vacation (husband drives, I crochet) and how do you lose a crochet hook in a car? But I have. Takes special talent, I guess. I assume, meanwhile, that you've searched the nooks and crannies of your sofa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet if you removed the seats in the car, you'd find your collection ;)

      Delete
  9. Let's be honest, as a crafter, is it really that hard to convince yourself to go buy another hook? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.