Wednesday, August 9, 2023

The Warm Up

School officially starts tomorrow, but the continuation high school has been open for a couple weeks now, so of course, last week, the inevitable happened.

The assignment I got last week happened in the middle of the night. (That is, my phone alerted me at midnight that a sub was needed.) For Thursday's assignment, I found out about it at 6 PM. So, I had time to prepare.

I don't have a lot of time when I get up in the morning, so I make a breakfast the night before. I eat a hardboiled egg. But I no longer boil them. I use a little thing called the Egg Pod

As soon as I accepted the assignment, I went to "boil" my eggs. And I realized that it had been so long since I had used my little gadget that I had forgotten how long to set the microwave for. 

Luckily, the internet had that answer.

I mean, two months, and I've forgotten how to boil eggs? Apparently.

Then, I had to manage my school bag. I keep a bag to tote with me that holds the materials that I generally need for my day. I sorted through the thing earlier in the summer, but I had just purchased a new bag and I hadn't had a chance to move my stuff into it.

(I bought the bag online, and it just arrived that day. It has different pockets, so organizing it was going to take some thought.) 

I do like having a couple continuation high school days before the official start of school. It reminds me that I know how to do this, and I have everything set up. It's a warm up for the school year proper.

12 comments:

  1. I'm cracking up at forgetting how to use your egg pod thingy after two months, simply because I'd totally do the same thing. You wouldn't think you'd forget a habit so easily...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would forget, also - don't feel bad. By the way, the link to the bag didn't work for me (said page not found).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. Not surprising, actually. The bag was on a special sale, and it was only available for two days. I thought it suspicous that it worked for me. I was right to doubt.

      Delete
  3. Forgetting how to boil eggs - that is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It is. If you boil eggs frequently, I recommend it.

      Delete
  5. Hi Liz - thanks for reminding me about my two eggs that need to be made into something ... and I was going to boil them. Glad you've got a new bag and are working your way round ... and hope it works out. Good luck as the term starts - Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never even heard of an egg pod! Don't think they're very common here in the UK. I just get water in a small saucepan to simmering point and crack an egg straight into it. Works every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gadget. Relatively new. It works better for me than actual boiling. I have a habit of getting them to not peel for me.

      Delete
  7. It's easy to forget things like that. ~nods~ I tend to boil a lot of eggs and keep them in the refrigerator for an easy protein boost. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes breakfast go quick when I have the eggs ready and waiting for me in the morning.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.