Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Computer Generated

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder. 

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news. 

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉

A.I. toys have been everywhere as of late. People have been using those tools to "create". Many have been clear that they used A.I. for what was produced, but not everyone. So...

What if A.I. produced art (images, writing, music, whatever) was required to be labeled as such? (I kinda think there should be a law about this.)

8 comments:

  1. I definitely think there should be a label as well.
    But at some point, the lines will begin to blur. Remember when the first Tron movie in 1982 couldn't be nominated for special effects because they were created on a computer? Sounds crazy now, but who knows what people will think in forty years from now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know this about the movie 'Tron'. Along the subject, I recommend the film 'M3GAN' and do think labels should be provided for the seeable future.

      Delete
  2. I think there should be a label but I liked Alex's response. Of course, that assumes that we won't be forced into extinction by our new AI overlords before the next 40 years are up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea, especially with people calling it "original art."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was me, Lisa. https://lisasgardenadventureinoregon.blogspot.com/?m=1

      Delete
  4. Labeling would bring about accountability and protection for both artists and consumers.

    Hugs and blessings, Liz

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.