Monday, August 14, 2023

A Start

I actually crocheted something last week: 

It's not much. Although, I did start this, rip it out, restart, rip it out, and retry it about five times. It's been several years since I made these, so I had forgotten how to do it. 

(Luckily there was a YouTube video, so I reviewed that. You'd think reviewing it first would forestall any mistakes on my part. You'd be wrong.) 

I thought I'd have a finished project to show off, but this isn't even half done. Sigh. But, it's something. It's progress. Maybe next week I'll even have something finished to show off.

16 comments:

  1. It's a little orange pear! Now I imagine a bunch of little crocheted fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have patterns for that. If I was in a mood for it, I might look them up.

      Delete
  2. Right now it looks like a peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Not much progress, but it's something, anyway.

      Delete
  4. Hi Liz - I can't imagine what it'd be .. but I like Lisa's thought of an orange pear ... which I'd add to a Christmas tree! I'm sure it'll have more use - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. One row at the time, and it will grow quickly! Pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Yup (I was just too lazy to search out the previous ones I made for the links).

      Delete
  7. So it's supposed to be a flip flop, but I actually like it better as a pear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a pear. It'll be neat to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it, so you'll get to see it Monday.

      Delete
  9. I did that with a hat the other week. I must have started and restarted it about 3 times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes it just won't take right away.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.