Monday, October 16, 2023

Attached

So, it turns out I didn't totally jinx myself last week. Progress was made.

I attached the fabric part to the knitted part. (Slip stitch crochet was used.) I measured it against the pillow, and I need a bit more width, so I'll need to do another row or two of double crochet.

The fabric will all be on the back side, so it won't show. I think I'll end up stitching up most of the sides so the pillow can be put in the cover long ways, and then I'll put buttons to close the long end. Which means I'm going to need to go shopping for buttons. Not this week, though.

It's supposed to get hot again this week, so I might not want to be under this huge heavy thing to finish that last row of crochet. We'll see. I've got a couple other projects I can pull out if I really want to work on something.

What are your plans for the week?

The pillow's progress in blog posts:

14 comments:

  1. It looks like it's going to be so soft and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with J E Oneil, it looks like it will be very comfortable to cuddle on/with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Progress! My plans this week? I want to get through March on my Temperature Afghan. I actually have done a couple of rows since Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such patience to do long projects! Maybe that's why you're so good with kids of all ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not patience, really. I just like to finish things.

      Delete
  5. I knew it would look good and I can tell it's getting better with each week. I had my friend, from Vancouver, with me. It's been so much fun but am sad now that he's gone. In mid November, he'll be off to Malaysia and then to Vietnam. He won't be back in Canada until April.. ish he worked 7 days per week from April to September so he has earned this fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's escaping Canada for the winter? It's good to have time with friends, especially before they go away for a while.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I guess. (I'd feel better about it if I had even touched the thing since the picture was taken.)

      Delete
  7. Hurray, you found a way to finish it beautifully (and with enought lenght). A perfect cushion for winter ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.