Monday, October 2, 2023

All Tangled

No, I did not do anything yarny this week. But as this is a Monday post, here's a pic of some of my stash:

Yup, it's a tangle. And somehow I'm going to have to move it.

A week ago, I found out that I have to be out of my current home in a month. So, last week I was a bit focused on that. 

I've got a lot of stuff, so I'm not looking forward to packing. But first I need to find a place. I've been looking at various situations, and that's all in motion right now. 

I have a mental list of what I need to get done. It's doable. But I really, really hate the process. I may be a bit cranky, so feel free to ignore that. I'll feel a whole lot better when I'm on the other side of all of this.

So, I've been stressed and freaked out, and that has taken a toll.

On Friday, my (soon to be ex-) roommates and I went out to dinner. I ordered something I had never tried. It was chicken and a kind of macaroni and cheese with bacon thing. I did not finish it, so I got a box to take home the leftovers...

And as I was boxing up the leftovers, I knew. I just knew.

It took a while to settle the bill. (Divvying up a check three ways takes time.) But we were done, and then on our way.

A couple miles from the restaurant, and I realized I had forgotten my leftovers on the table. I mean, I knew I was going to do that. I generally remember things pretty well, but in my current mental state, plus it was a Friday (I am an idiot Friday nights), I was bound to miss something. Like the take home container right in front of me. Sigh.

We did turn around to retrieve it. But I felt like such an idiot. 

If I seem a bit off to all of you, now you know why. I hope I'll get things settled sooner rather than later. But it's going to be a busy month.

After I finished this post, my landlady informed me that she changed her mind about moving. Suddenly, the stress of last week evaporated. But this is a temporary reprieve. I'll have to move sooner or later (probably sooner). 

18 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you don't have to move anymore but I can imagine the stress of it all..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you still probably have to move. Where you live, I don't envy you the challenge of finding something reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew had to move because his landlord decided to sell the house. It was very stressful but we wound up moving in together.

    I feel your stress. Moving is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it sucks when you're renting and the owner sells the place out from under you. But in my case, I understand why.

      Delete
  4. Moving is definitely not fun, especially if it's been several years since the last time (all the accumulation!). No time like the present, not to reinstate some of your stress, but I know you realize that already. Especially in a high rent area, which most f the country seem to be now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to take this time and get ready for an imminent move. I already started taking steps today. Downsizing and such.

      Delete
  5. I am glad you can stay for some more time. And I can imagine what a relief that is. When I used to stay in rented houses, we had to constantly shift. I always used to dread that message from the house owner when he would say that I would have to vacate. So, I can totally relate to what you have been going through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the stress of moving. Glad you didn't have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will sooner or later, but at least I don't have to right now.

      Delete
  7. Tough week... At least you've got a delay before you move out one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you got to retrieve your leftovers. The landlady changing her mind is good but what a distressing falsehood. Please try to continue organizing in preparation. Perhaps it will make the ultimate move easier. Heaven knows how I could clear out our house. ~shudder~ But if availed a shack on the North Carolina beaches I'd find a way. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I've already started preparing. But I can take my time doing so.

      Delete
  9. Oh I’m sorry to hear you will probably have to move. Right now, it’s crazy here with rent prices. A 1 bedroom can be averaging $1,800/mth where 3 years ago, the same place was $850. Pure greed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's similar here. Crazy. No wonder there's a homeless problem.

      Delete
  10. Ugh. I hate when those big moments of stress just derail your life. At least, you now have time to figure out moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's nice I can slow down the process for now. But it's time to start downsizing some things to ease a move.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.