Thursday, April 13, 2023

Knit Projects Roundup 13

It's spring break for me, so this week I'm on my "summer schedule". Since I'm not doing a repost, I'm doing a Thursday 13

It's K-day this lovely April 13th. And, I mean, I have to. I just have to. 

I went through the blog archives, and I found 13 old posts detailing various knit projects I've done over the years. (I have a lot of knitting posts.) I chose 13 things that I still have and still (mostly) use. As my knitting posts tend to be about what's on the needles, I have a couple posts from when a project was in process. Because some things were in process for a while (*side eyes the seven and a half years cardi*). 

I hope you enjoy my little walk through the archives.

1. Alligator Scarf Finished (June 5, 2010)

This picture was on my old Flickr account. Luckily, I could still access it. The actual scarf I got to pull out this winter, although I haven't worn it in a while. I never did name him. But I do love having this scarf. 

2. A Finished Cardigan (March 28, 2011)

This sweater's only 12 years old? I thought I had it longer. It's gotten a lot of wear this winter, way more than I usually get to wear it. It's pretty warm, so it's been great to have on the chillier days.

3. The Unending Purse Project (April 9, 2012)

I still use this on the regular. It's my "car purse". I don't carry a purse to school when I'm working. I keep my wallet in my school bag. But if I run errands after school, I'm not going to carry my whole school bag with me, so I pull out my wallet and put it in this purse. It's held up well all this time.

4. Not Fixing Mistakes (August 18, 2013)

I believe this is the first time I reference the seven (and a half) years cardi on the blog. This is the swatch from before I started the project. Little did I know then what a journey it would be to complete the thing.

5. Some Little Things (October 8, 2014)

If you've been following my A to Z posts, you may have noticed my knitted alphabet. This was the post where I explain the idea behind it. (It took me a while to get the whole alphabet knitted, and after I did, I gave away a few of these during the 2015 A to Z Challenge.)

6. Victory Lap (August 29, 2016)

This is still my purse. I still use it. I've been meaning to make another purse as it's time to switch this one out, but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Maybe this summer.

7. For Pretty Part 2 (February 13, 2017)

I bring a water bottle with me to work every day. I have two covers for it now. I alternate between using this one and the orange one. But I still have one with me every school day.

8. Famous Last Words (March 13, 2017)

This is the post where I show off how I fixed a major mistake in the knitting of the seven (and a half) years cardi. Notice how big it is. Notice the date. Yup, it'd been about four years since I started knitting it.

9. Porcupine Stitch Torture (March 5, 2018)

I kind of hated this stitch. I was gifted yarn for Christmas, and I decided I'd make myself an infinity scarf. 

10. Harvest Porcupine Infinity Scarf (May 14, 2018)

It didn't take me that long to finish the scarf. I've gotten a lot of wear out of it this winter. I think I've worn it about once a week since January. I really do love this finished project. It's just the right amount of warmth on chillier days.

11. Finally Done (September 9, 2019)

This bag turned out way too big, so I put it in my car, and now it collects my grocery bags in one place. 

12. Old Projects (January 18, 2021)

When I picked up the seven (and a half) years cardi (again).

13. Jabbering On (April 12, 2021)

I wasn't finished with the seven (and a half) years cardi at the writing of this post, but it was A to Z month, and that kind of brings this all full circle. (It appears the images have disappeared from the post. I'll have to track those down. Maybe.)

I would finish the cardi a month later. And I've worn it a couple times a week since January. 

A lot of my knits are gifted. Some are disasters that vanish somewhere. But these projects are still with me. Amazingly. 

Today's A to Z Challenge post brought to you by the letter

16 comments:

  1. I'm the proud owner of one of your knitted letters (yes, from the giveaway in 2015-thank you!) and that's where I discovered your blog. So I enjoyed the projects from before 2015 because I had never seen any of them. That alligator. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then there are the projects that predate the blog. Although, I'm rather glad that I don't have photographic evidence of my initial knitting attempts from the '80s.

      Delete
  2. You've done a lot of projects over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The porcupine infinity scarf is golden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love that thing. It's a happy day when I can wear it.

      Delete
  4. Wow, these are impressive. You have a lot of talent with the needles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're very talented. I love your "car purse." It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That project came out of a book. Well, sort of. It's served me well over the years.

      Delete
  6. You are indeed very talented, Liz.

    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this post...a lot!! Nice projects!! Made me aware that I seldom make a photograph of my projects.
    Right now I like crochet better, because it's easier to take with me.
    On the crochet needle: slippers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great for filling blog posts. People can be so nice. I do about as much crocheting as knitting, but C day fell on a Tuesday, so it didn't work out this month.

      Delete
  8. A good compilation of the major projects you have done over the years. They all look very nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've finished a lot of projects. I have a lot of crochet projects going on, but haven't finished many at all.

    That porcupine stitch is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty stitch, but it was a bear to do. I don't think I'd do it again.

      As for projects, I find that I go through phases where I have a lot of projects going to where I'm finishing a lot of projects. You'll get them done. Eventually.

      Delete
  10. Of course you couldn't skip Knit for the K day! It's great to have a retrospective of some of your work. Love your "car purse", and the alligator scarf is fun!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.