Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Impostors

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder.

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news.

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉 

As of the writing of this post, I am watching Star Trek: Picard season 3, the early episodes. (If you've seen the show, you'll understand where this question came from. If not, no worries as that won't necessarily specify anything.) 

What if you couldn't be sure if your friends and family were actually your friends and family? (That is, what if there was a chance that they had been replaced by someone or something else?)

Today's A to Z Challenge post brought to you by the letter

10 comments:

  1. I've occasionally had such feelings when coming to loggerheads with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thecontemplativecat here. Google is a cruel beast. You headed into the Twilight zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Invasion of the Body Snatchers! That was a good movie, too. When my son was a teen and had a moment of sanity, I sometimes got to thinking if aliens had come and replaced him. (Only kidding, son!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't loose any sleep over it.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was about to say that we can't be sure that our friends are really are friends. lol That would be creepy. I'd be afraid and want to know what happened to my real friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would know as soon as they became blobs that seep through a grate:). Actually that would freak me out especially if they don’t know things about me or themselves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully the imposters would be big improvements and I'd love it! If not, as long as they called me more often it would be ok. I don't see any family members very often, so no doubt I'd get fooled pretty easily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah ! I never thought about this possibility! I guess it doesn't matter, because "friend", "" family" etc are just words / labels. What matters is how that individual is as a person -- kindhearted, caring, empathetic, helpful, etc. Everything else is secondary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA....there are some I wished were replaced!! lol...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.