Thursday, April 6, 2023

Early Morning Exercise

Last Thursday, I almost didn't work. No assignments popped up until 5:40 that morning. 

Because I was kind of waiting on a call (and I really didn't want to stay home that day), I was way more awake when it was time to get up, and I got out of the house really early. So, I got to school really early. 

This turned out to be a good thing.

It was raining, but by the time I left the main office and headed towards the classroom for the day, it had slowed down to enough of a drizzle that I didn't need to use my umbrella. 

The main office is at the front of the school. The art classroom was at the back. So, it was a bit of a hike.

I walked the long way around the multi-purpose building as the other side of campus is still blocked off by the new building. (They started construction on the STEAM building in 2019 or 2018. It's almost done, which is great, but it's been a long time. At some point I should do a post on the headaches this construction has caused.) 

I got to the classroom, pulled out the key, and the key wouldn't turn. 

I looked at the key...

It was for the wrong room.

So, hiking back to the office I went...

The secretary was very apologetic. (She's doing the job of three secretaries right now, so I wasn't angry at her. I could totally see how this could happen.) She took back the wrong key and got me the correct one. Then I headed back out to the classroom.

It was a good thing I was early. 

And, I got a bit of a walk in for the day. Not a terrible thing. Annoying, but not terrible.

Today's A to Z Challenge post brought to you by the letter

16 comments:

  1. Entirely Excellent! Enlightened early birds get the earthworms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something about E day gets the early morning posts. I wouldn't be surprised if I look back to prior A to Zs and find early as the title more often than not. (Although, I think one was about an earthquake.)

      Delete
  2. You know what they say about the early bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just doesn't sound appetizing right now ;)

      Delete
  3. They really need to get more help for that secretary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been in the shoes of that secretary (not in a school setting) and happy you were so understanding. Not everyone is. Good Energetic post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's in a bad situation. I can't blame her for things falling through the cracks.

      Delete
  5. You got your exercising in for the day with all that walking. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, not all of it. See today's post for the rest of my walking that day.

      Delete
  6. A little unplanned exercise can but a good thing, although I'm not so sure that's the case with the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Ghosts so nice to see hom in Here. That must have been annoying and I would not have been happy but the secretary sounds overworked. Poor thing needs a helper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They need to fill the two vacant positions so she's not doing three people's jobs.

      Delete
  8. Your understanding is commendable. As you noted, not everyone is. Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One only has to walk into the office and see the two empty desks that used to have secretaries who sat at them to understand that some jobs are not getting done.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.