Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Under Water

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder.

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news.

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉 

Here's a sci-fi idea that I haven't seen discussed in a few decades:

What if they built a city at the bottom of the ocean? (It would be under a dome or something, so humans could inhabit it.) Would you want to live there? Would you go to visit?

Today's A to Z Challenge post brought to you by the letter

12 comments:

  1. No never, in fact no other place other than the good old earth, and that too on solid ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d have serious safety considerations, but yes, I’d love to spend some time there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie (jannghi.blogspot.com):
    I definitely would not want to live underwater. I still get hesitant about going underwater when swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thecontemplativecat here. At this stage of my life, I'd say "let's do it".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visit - definitely! Live there - not so sure, I'd miss the night sky terribly. Unless they managed to somehow capture the constellations/moon on the dome somehow...besides I don't swim so I'd probably be too nervous. :)

    Here from the A-Z and enjoyed your hypothesis and question. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visit. I would guess it would be like living on Island.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the shore, the beach, and I like swimming (I have never lived by swimming beaches, I mean pools!). But, no. I would feel trapped and panic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd go and visit. That would be cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this has been done, hasn't it? for scientists? Or am I thinking of sci fi movies I've watched instead of reality, which often blur together in my mind. Lol. I would definitely visit. I'd enjoy it immensely too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my.....I have two major fears....spiders and water! However, I would visit for sure but I am not sure I could live like that. Fear of the dome breaking!! lol....yep, visit only

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Liz - no ... I'd never live under the ocean ... I manage in tunnels and just hope the top doesn't cave in. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.