Monday, April 3, 2023

Blanket Background

I like to change the background image on my blog every so often. It's generally a knit/crochet project I'm working on, something that is neutral enough to be a background. 

The last time I switched it was 2021 when I was finishing up my seven (and a half) year cardi

I haven't been working on the pillow cover nearly as long, but a couple weeks ago I noticed that it met my requirements for a background image. I intended to get that switched over that week.

But, as I mentioned last Monday, computer issues prevented that. Namely, my computer does this whole slow down thing when it's getting ready to update. (I've tried every trick I know to fix this issue. This issue doesn't want to be fixed, apparently.) 

First, I took a picture to use as the background image. 

Then I went to upload it to Blogger. Only, the image was too large. With computer-being-laggy issues and just no time, I mentally put it on my to-do-later list. I knew there was a way to compress the file size, but I wasn't sure how to do it.

So, as you can see, I managed to accomplish it. But I needed a bit of time, and Sunday I happened to have it.

I don't remember how I did this last time, so I Googled it. I found a website where I could upload the image, and it worked its magic.

They don't look any different, do they? I suppose if you magnify them both, this second image will be a bit fuzzier. But it'll do.

So, yay! It only took me two weeks to do a thing I thought I could manage in about a half hour. Isn't that always the way?

Today's A to Z Challenge post brought to you by the letter

20 comments:

  1. Very nice! Good things come to those who wait...even when it's frustrating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to take a deep breath and know that things'll speed back up eventually.

      Delete
  2. B - is for Betting you have the rest of the ABCs planned out in your mind. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. I've got the Tuesday what ifs written already, but not really anything else.

      Delete
    2. I go between having a stockpile, well, not really, but up to five or so post typed out most weeks to right now, NONE. That depends on me getting out and about, having my camera switched on, on the cell and seeing things that peak my interest, to not leaving the house since Sat. I am such a changed person from who I used to be when I was never home!

      Delete
    3. There's always the blog hops and such that don't rely on you being out and about. But, you do what you can when you can, and that works just fine.

      Delete
  3. Nice, it totally works for the blog. Now I'll want to reach out and squeeze your blog page every time I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a clumsy way of shrinking photos. I email them to myself (which I can only do one at a time, because of their size), save the file on my iPhone, and then email it back to me (using the iPhone Mail app, which will shrink a photo for the purpose of the email, keeping the original intact.) I'm concerned, using free websites, that free is almost never free. Are they tracking me after I leave the site? Are they collecting data on me in some other way? But, knowing you, I'm sure you checked this site out first. This would have sent me so much time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's one way to do it. I didn't consider that trick, but I like it.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I like this background. It's so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you figured it out. I'm not sure I would have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you found a way to compress the file. The background does look nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the background. It does look nice and cozy and really cool. Glad you were able to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the fact this background looks almost like an old overhead image of forested mountains. :D I'm weird, but it is awesome. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny what we see in images. I just see a closeup of the thing I've been knitting. I guess I'm too close to it.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.