Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Not Really Missing

It's Thanksgiving break. I have no school this week. So, per my usual routine, last week's events will appear next week when I'm back in school, and this week I'm kind of on a summer schedule. Today's post is something that happened several weeks ago. I had written this post, but then something more interesting happened, and this got pushed. Knowing this vacation week was coming, rather than deleting it entirely, I just left it in draft until now.

Third period. AP Statistics. 

This was the period where they do the announcements. As the student leadership read through the various activities and such that they want to let the students know about, the class got to work on the day's assignment. 

I looked over the seating chart. I had one absence. 

"Logan's not here..."

It was more of a question, really.

Several students pointed up. "He's doing the announcements."

(The speaker is actually on the wall, but I knew what they meant.)

Ah. 

This was the sort of class that the students who do the morning announcements would be taking. 

Sure enough, Logan arrived in class a few minutes after the announcements finished. His desk neighbor had gotten his computer for him, so he sat down and got to work. 

(Yes, I do get the good classes sometimes. Yes, they are boring to write about.) 

7 comments:

  1. Boring is sometimes good, though. It's a rest period for the drama that's sure to follow (and provide you with material for your blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have a class of students who care. And to think someone got his computer for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do nice things for each other. More often than you'd expect, I think.

      Delete
  3. Hi Liz - it's good to hear about the good ones too - Happy Thanksgiving - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.