Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Grades Due, Naturally

The start of this new long-term assignment has gone pretty smoothly. The classes are pretty mellow. There's an instructional aide to clue me in on what I need to do. The lesson plans are complete.

My first day, the secretary in charge of subs was out sick, but I knew who checks out keys so I got that done. I even managed to talk to one of the assistant principals about getting access to the gradebooks. (It was the wrong assistant principal--the other one had that access. But Dr. T told Mr. C, and it got done.) 

I started on a Friday. On Monday, I knew there was one thing I needed to find out.

When were progress reports due? 

Because, I knew.

It had been about a month since the end of the quarter. And considering how for my last three long-terms grades had been due almost immediately after me beginning, I knew it had to be very, very soon.

(I even mentioned this here on the blog: the vacant English class, the English class last spring, and success seminar.) 

I called the secretary in charge of subs, but she was again out sick. Who could I ask? I figured I might as well ask one of the assistant principals.

He got back to me right away. I asked on a Monday. Grades were due Wednesday. Naturally.

Before Mr. B went out, he left current grades. So, it wasn't a big deal.

At least this time I was on top of things.

And I know the next grades due are the semester grades, which won't be due until after Mr. B returns. So, I should be safe. *knocks on wood*

10 comments:

  1. Well you know the right questions, and who to ask. That’s half the battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hoped the assistant principal who gave me grade book access would know. He did.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure the kids were hoping the progress reports would be lost in the shuffle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Experience counts. Nothing gets past you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of things get past me. Just not progress reports (any more).

      Delete
  4. Well done! And thanks for the vote of confidence on my newest purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I can't wait to see what it eventually gets used for.

      Delete
  5. Sound like you been sub-ing for some years. You know the robes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must be hard for all the new subs to figure it all out. You have it down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a lot. There's a reason why they tend to use the same subs for long terms.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.